Best way to estimate your actual STEP score based off of practice exams? Also how to learn PHARM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaginMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What I've taken so far:
UWSA 1
NMBE 16 and 17
I also plan on taking 19 (or should I take 15?), then I'm going to take a "full length" back to back exam of NBME 18 and UWSA2, 10 day before my test.

I have 3 weeks left and my scores have been going up (yesterday my NBME 17 was a 225), but my goal is mid 230s-240 realistically, as I'm not a strong test taker.

What is the best way to predict your real score? Do you guys just take an average of all of your exam scores, or do you just look at the last few practice exams and base it off of those? Does anyone do way worse than their practice exams? I'm pretty nervous with only 3 weeks to go, I just finished Uworld and I'm going to go back through all my missed questions, and I'm still reading FA and doing Pathoma.

Also, Some of you people with 260s+ freak me out, I mean how do you do it!? I just want to be at the average and I'll be happy, but any tips will be appreciated.

Also how do you guys learn pharm? I am struggling and its one of my weakest areas along with neuro.

Members don't see this ad.

The best way to learn drugs is...rote memorization. Try a test app like Quizlet, which will allow you to do matching/fill in the blanks exercises.

The best way to learn drugs is...rote memorization. Try a test app like Quizlet, which will allow you to do matching/fill in the blanks exercises.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I hate rote memorization and I was trying out SketchyPharm but the videos are so long! Guess I'll just have to make flashcards.

Reactions: 1 user