Best way to generate CME?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GonnaBeADoc2222

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduating resident here with a job for next year that requires multiple state licenses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but category 1 AMA credit seems to be the rate limiting factor for most states. It seems too simple, but is this as easy as doing a bunch of UpToDate searches to generate the required credit? For states that have specific topic requirements (sexual abuse, opiate prescribing, etc) can I just do UpToDate searches on those topics?

Members don't see this ad.

Graduating resident here with a job for next year that requires multiple state licenses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but category 1 AMA credit seems to be the rate limiting factor for most states. It seems too simple, but is this as easy as doing a bunch of UpToDate searches to generate the required credit? For states that have specific topic requirements (sexual abuse, opiate prescribing, etc) can I just do UpToDate searches on those topics?
Pretty much. Get your CME anyway you can.

UTD is nice if you don't have to pay for it.

Reactions: 1 user
Depending on the characteristics of your shop you may require trauma specifjc CME annually. For this I prefer EBMedicines trauma kit to get one years requirement of trauma CME done.

EMRAP is very popular and entertaining way to get CME credits.

Attending a national conference is also an enjoyable way to get a bunch of credits.

I have not tried the up to date route.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user

Some of this is state specific, so you may want to check in the states in which you plan to hold a license.

Thanks.

Wook