• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Best way to generate CME?

GonnaBeADoc2222

10+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2008
  1. Attending Physician
    Graduating resident here with a job for next year that requires multiple state licenses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but category 1 AMA credit seems to be the rate limiting factor for most states. It seems too simple, but is this as easy as doing a bunch of UpToDate searches to generate the required credit? For states that have specific topic requirements (sexual abuse, opiate prescribing, etc) can I just do UpToDate searches on those topics?

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Volunteer Staff
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
  • Mar 6, 2005
    1. Attending Physician
      Graduating resident here with a job for next year that requires multiple state licenses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but category 1 AMA credit seems to be the rate limiting factor for most states. It seems too simple, but is this as easy as doing a bunch of UpToDate searches to generate the required credit? For states that have specific topic requirements (sexual abuse, opiate prescribing, etc) can I just do UpToDate searches on those topics?
      Pretty much. Get your CME anyway you can.

UTD is nice if you don't have to pay for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Venko

True to self
      Lifetime Donor
      10+ Year Member
      Jan 24, 2006
      Rochester, MN
      1. Attending Physician
        Depending on the characteristics of your shop you may require trauma specifjc CME annually. For this I prefer EBMedicines trauma kit to get one years requirement of trauma CME done.

EMRAP is very popular and entertaining way to get CME credits.

Attending a national conference is also an enjoyable way to get a bunch of credits.

I have not tried the up to date route.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user

wook

Just a hairy situation
        15+ Year Member
        Oct 12, 2002
        Where the tides of madness swell
        1. Attending Physician

Some of this is state specific, so you may want to check in the states in which you plan to hold a license.

Thanks.

Wook

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.