Best way to include a publication on my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fd25

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spent time in a lab during my senior year of undergrad and was also the lab's research tech during my first gap year. I was lucky to be included on a publication put out by our lab, but was only 5th author. I did some really small stuff for the project like western blot validations, PCR, etc., and also helped to edit the manuscript. My time in this lab is one of my MMEs. I don't think my MME description is the place to include the pub, but should I list this pub in the main activity description area? If so, should I just include the title of the paper and the journal it was published in?

Members don't see this ad.

I spent time in a lab during my senior year of undergrad and was also the lab's research tech during my first gap year. I was lucky to be included on a publication put out by our lab, but was only 5th author. I did some really small stuff for the project like western blot validations, PCR, etc., and also helped to edit the manuscript. My time in this lab is one of my MMEs. I don't think my MME description is the place to include the pub, but should I list this pub in the main activity description area? If so, should I just include the title of the paper and the journal it was published in?
You can list it under a Publications tag and give a full citation, unless it was published in a college journal, in which case including mention of it in the research description (first 700 characters) is suitable.

Reactions: 1 users
You can list it under a Publications tag and give a full citation, unless it was published in a college journal, in which case including mention of it in the research description (first 700 characters) is suitable.
Thank you for the reply! I am right at 14 entries right now, and expecting to have a clinical employment position that I will need to add in the next week or so. I currently have an Undergraduate Honors and Awards with a few things listed, such as Dean's List, a grant from my university for a research project, and a little award from graduating in the top something-percent of my class. None of these are anything major. Do you think I should delete that entry in the interest of adding a publication entry for the one pub?

Members don't see this ad :)