Best way to prepare for PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnykr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a masters degree in chemistry however I am very weak in biology.

What books and / or materials are best to prepare me for the biology questions?

I also dont mind helping people with chemistry questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean the PCAT?:)

I've taken the MCAT, and I like the Kaplan and Examkrackers books the most. Kaplan's book is a little overkill and dense while Examkrackers is easier to read but a little underkill. If you have problems with the MCAT style of questions and/or need practice, I would reccommend the 1001 Questions series by Examkrackers. Reviewers have said that there are occassional errors in those books, so I would be wary of that.

If you are talking about the PCAT, then those books would work too. However, the PCAT doesn't have as much material as the MCAT in the science sections. For your purposes, you wouldn't have to omit much of the biology or chemistry content in MCAT prep books.

i did mean the pcat sorry. it has been a long day.

First things first sign up for the pcat not the mcat that would really mess your world up!

Members don't see this ad :)
i really liked the kaplan 2007 book. i used that to study for about 2 months and did very well on the exam. :D

I also used the 2007 Kaplan book. I got an 85%; my study partner got a 99%. We both did all our science courses at a community college.

I have a masters degree in chemistry however I am very weak in biology.

What books and / or materials are best to prepare me for the biology questions?

I also dont mind helping people with chemistry questions.

I actually used a Kaplan MCAT study guide instead of a PCAT guide. I got a 99% on biology and a 95% composite. I bombed the math section (got a 55) because I didn't study it enough. The rest of my scores were mid to high 90's.

I have four PCAT study books for sale. I have the Kaplan 2007, Peterson's 2005, Cliffs test Prep, and Barron's.

ISBN's are: 0764117130 Barrons
0764505865 Cliffs test Prep
0768914892 Petersons
1419577905 Kaplans

I checked on Amazon and found the Kaplan cost 28.35, cliffs cost 13.59, and the Barrons and Petersons were not in stock. I will sell all for books for 30 or Best Offer. I am from West Palm Beach Florida area. I would like to sell the books to someone from area so we could just meet up and skip the whole shipping thing. I also have two Organic Chemistry Study guides that are on Amazon for 28.95 and 26.99. ISBN's 0471272353 and 0471738085. I will sell both books for 25 bucks. P.M me if interested.