Best way to study for Biology Section of the PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miracleman91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently, I have the Kaplan 2012 PCAT book and Dr. Collins 2011 study packet. I was just wondering what's the best way to tackle the Anatomy portion in the Biology section of the PCAT? Should i buy the Cliffnotes Anatomy and Physiology book or just stick my AP Bio book?

Members don't see this ad.

I basically looked through topics covered on Bio sections (they are listed on the PCAT blueprints - available on the official website), and then watch tutorial videos on youtube. there are many free youtube tutorials like Khan academy.

Collins was the best for me. They tell you exactly what you need to know and I even saw 2-3 Collin questions on the PCAT. Everybody raves about Kaplan bio section, but I honestly found Cracking The PCAT bio better. Brush up on microbioolgy as I got quite a couple on mine.

I didn't have the big bio update when I took the PCAT, but for the most part, I felt the bio section for Collins was a little bit lackluster; yes it did point me in the direction of what I should know, but aside from that, I didn't get much out of it. I ended up just taking the study guide as a skeleton for what I should know and substituted the information with the notes I took in my science classes at my university.

along with Dr. Collins im using PCAT Destroyer which I think has helped out tons. Its nothing but questions (over 400 on bio alone) with in depth explanations.