Big Medicaid Fraud bust in Western NY

Started by 297point1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't understand how he could be "surprised"; are they really that ignorant? Just tell them to go spend a week in a low-income clinic. Screaming irate patients saying they lost their pills and need a new 90-day fill. I hear all the best stories from my mom (a nurse) at her clinic. Some of the stuff she tells me still spins my head.

The first time they devoted their resources to this instead of other drug deals...imagine that. Medicare fraud would seem like a much higher priority to me than busting the 20-year-old kid growing pot in his basement.
 
A while back, there were numerous reports stating that 10% of Medicare's budget is fraudulent payments.

That $46 BILLION a year. Imagine how many uninsured and underinsured people could have their bills paid - and no, I do not want universal Medicare.
 
Good to see.

You wonder how many others are like this.Nothing beats those new york residents who are on medicaid but drive escalades all day long.
 
Good to see.

You wonder how many others are like this.Nothing beats those new york residents who are on medicaid but drive escalades all day long.

This. Being from NY, I couldn't tell you how many people I see at the grocery store buying crap with food stamps and then get into their brand new model car. I said it once, I'll say it again; I'd move back to NY in a heartbeat after graduating if the financial side of things ever gets straightened away. But I'm not counting on that happening in this lifetime.
 
Those stories were about Medicare, but I've heard the same thing about Medicaid. I'm not talking about ineligible people getting benefits; it's more about fraudulent billing practices.

Sorry, still confused. The article linked in the OP and the title of this thread reference MediCAID. I was asking if your figure of 10% fraud was Medicare or Medicaid. Do you have a reference?