big mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunsquash

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so here's the question no wants to ask:

so let's say you get pulled over and cuffed for a DUI...but you end up only losing your driver's liscence and don't get convicted of any criminal charges (all of which happens before you get into, and now almost completing PA school).

so the question is will this come during liscensure and will it be of major concern for the powers that be.

for anyone concerned, I take full responsibility for my actions (no excuses) and can just about guarantee that it won't happen again.

Members don't see this ad.

Relax, be honest, open, straightforward, and cross your fingers. A DUI is rarely a reason to keep you from getting a license to practice. I had a buddy in PA school who had one, along with a possession of marijuana misdimeanor and he got licensed. Half the OR's would be without surgeons if one DUI cost you a career.

Hi,

I am not familiar with the consequences of having a DUI. But if you are worried...I would make a few phone calls and ask people in the different PA organizations. Also another thought would be to volunteer a few hours in the community (have proof of this) educating people the dangers of drinking and driving or some type of volunteer work with that respect. I guess that way you could show that you regret what happened, take it seriously and learned your lesson. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by sunsquash
can just about guarantee that it won't happen again.

wel it's great that you can just about guarantee............you freaking drunk

"wel it's great that you can just about guarantee............you freaking drunk"

Pretty rude, don't you think? Fellow was asking a ligitimate question............

Hey dudes and dudettes, I see that Kammel Jacque' has invaded most of the boards. This guy (or gal) is a troll...he/she made insults to people rejected from Allopathic med schools, bashed Osteopaths, International Med people, and I can see that he/she is ready to bash every forum.

Just remember to set ignore ;)

"I see that Kammel Jacque' has invaded most of the boards"

Kammel Jacque.........Camel Jock............I see now.....too bad such a thing has to happen here, guess I got sucked in..........:(

Thanks for the feedback....I just wasn't sure on what the protocol was.