Big Names in Anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tan Son Nhat

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see threads like this in most other forums and I think we should also have one here. :) Here's the template:

[Name] [Location/Institution] [Subspeciality/Expertise] [Why they are big]

Members don't see this ad.

Tan Son Nhat said:
I see threads like this in most other forums and I think we should also have one here. :) Here's the template:

ALAN KAYE, MD PhD

Former Chairman, Texas Tech. Took the program from rags to riches.

Current Chairman of Anesthesia, Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Louisiana.

Will be successful making Chicken Salad out of Chicken S hit.

Tan Son Nhat said:

Barash -Yale
Cullen- UW

Members don't see this ad :)
Jet Prop pilot- Troll bouncer, 4 x4 er, Dr. Dre' lovin' dude
Noyac- Snow boardin' lunatic
Zip- Uber playboy cynic
MMD- Jet bike pilot

jetproppilot said:
ALAN KAYE, MD PhD

Former Chairman, Texas Tech. Took the program from rags to riches.

Current Chairman of Anesthesia, Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Louisiana.

Will be successful making Chicken Salad out of Chicken S hit.

Back in Lubbock, twiddling his thumbs, from what I have heard. Any truth to this?

JPP,
thought we could all use some release around here. Man, we are all too seri-ass sometimes.

On another note- Hope you are continuing to recover from "big hit" well. Have you invested more into your 4 x4 now that your wife appreciates it?

Idiopathic said:
Back in Lubbock, twiddling his thumbs, from what I have heard. Any truth to this?
Yes, he is back in lubbock without a job. His wife is now back at tech supporting the family. Oh by the way, He's NOT big.

md2k said:
Yes, he is back in lubbock without a job. His wife is now back at tech supporting the family. Oh by the way, He's NOT big.

Without a job?

OK.

Shows how much you're informed.

LSU has taken over the anesthesia contracts of 2 private hospitals here in New Orleans.

And theres more coming.

Give him 5 years.

Then tell me he's not big.

DrDre' said:
JPP,
thought we could all use some release around here. Man, we are all too seri-ass sometimes.

On another note- Hope you are continuing to recover from "big hit" well. Have you invested more into your 4 x4 now that your wife appreciates it?

HAHAHAH!

Thanks, Dre.

We are recovering.

Living on the second floor of our house. The first floor is gutted. 200K worth of damage. My boss (wife) has picked out new-everything for downstairs...it'll be a place worthy of MTV CRIBS when its done.

My condo, which I just renovated in Pass Christian, Mississippi, right on the water, is a....uhhh.... a slab. Nothing left. Some redfish in Bat St Louis is enjoying my wood floors and crown moulding at his crib. :laugh:

But I'm alive, my family is alive, and we just found out our unborn prodigy in my boss's belly is..

A BOY!!!!!! :love: :thumbup: :D :thumbup: (another Chucky to tear our nice s hit up...)

I've recovered from the PTSD. No more Ambien needed.

DrDre' said:
JPP,

Edlebrock headers enroute as we speak. :smuggrin:

Tan Son Nhat said:

I guess I'll start by following the template..

Ronald D. Miller MD, UCSF, author of many anesthesia books!

Members don't see this ad :)
md2k said:

I think hes big.

Id heard he was on hiatus of sorts until LSU was back up strong. Maybe jet knows better.

jetproppilot said:
HAHAHAH!

Thanks, Dre.

We are recovering.

Living on the second floor of our house. The first floor is gutted. 200K worth of damage. My boss (wife) has picked out new-everything for downstairs...it'll be a place worthy of MTV CRIBS when its done.

My condo, which I just renovated in Pass Christian, Mississippi, right on the water, is a....uhhh.... a slab. Nothing left. Some redfish in Bat St Louis is enjoying my wood floors and crown moulding at his crib. :laugh:

But I'm alive, my family is alive, and we just found out our unborn prodigy in my boss's belly is..

A BOY!!!!!! :love: :thumbup: :D :thumbup: (another Chucky to tear our nice s hit up...)

Congrats on the BOY, Jet. Where did you find the time with all the **** going on in your life. Don't answer that, it must have been b/4 the storm.

Congratulations on the boy, the headers and the attitude-dude.

Glad to hear about the ambien too. Crises like that can cripple you for a long time.

See you at the swap meet!

Idiopathic said:
I think hes big.

Id heard he was on hiatus of sorts until LSU was back up strong. Maybe jet knows better.

As an LSU student I can confirm Kaye's "bigness." First, he is going to make sure that there is a anesthesia residency in New Orleans within 5 years. I can guarantee it.

He made all of the Anesthesia staff at Children's faculty at LSU. He basically has a peds fellowship in the works. If the storm does not hit, I guarantee a new pain fellowship and pain clinic in New Orleans. There is currently none at LSU Charity.

Second, he is the most approachable man in the world. I just called him today to ask about declining interviews. He gave us his cell phone number the first day. He was also the first faculty to call his Anesthesia students to make sure we were all okay.

Third, ask anyone at Texas Tech about their program now and before Dr. Kaye. They will tell you the transformation.

The pilot is right as usual. New Orleans is going to come back and Dr. Kaye will probably run all of the anesthesia in the city. (except for Pilot's machine)

cubs

PS. he is back in New Orleans.

Noyac said:
Congrats on the BOY, Jet. Where did you find the time with all the **** going on in your life. Don't answer that, it must have been b/4 the storm.

Thanks abunch, Noyac and Dre.

And Dre,

WELCOME TO THE COMPTON SWAP MEET! I'M OH GEE HENNY LOC!!

:laugh:

jetproppilot said:
HAHAHAH!

Thanks, Dre.

We are recovering.

congratulations.....Means you have to work harder now to pay for more stuff :D

DrDre' said:
Jet Prop pilot- Troll bouncer, 4 x4 er, Dr. Dre' lovin' dude
Noyac- Snow boardin' lunatic
Zip- Uber playboy cynic
MMD- Jet bike pilot
:thumbup: :horns:

md2k said:
Yes, he is back in lubbock without a job. His wife is now back at tech supporting the family.

What a stupid ass.

Goes to show, on an internet forum, believe only 20% of what you read, unless its from a proven source.

Alan is a buddy of mine, and he doesnt need his wife's pathologist's salary to support his family.

A sshole.

Tan Son Nhat said:
I guess I'll start by following the template..

Ronald D. Miller MD, UCSF, author of many anesthesia books!

Ron Miller wrote a textbook about Anesthesia? Has it sold any copies?

jetproppilot said:
What a stupid ass.

Goes to show, on an internet forum, believe only 20% of what you read, unless its from a proven source.

Alan is a buddy of mine, and he doesnt need his wife's pathologist's salary to support his family.

A sshole.
Dont know why you get bent out of shape. Yes, its all true and yes I do have it from a proven source

Dillweed

md2k said:
Dont know why you get bent out of shape. Yes, its all true and yes I do have it from a proven source

Dillweed

Dudes a buddy of mine and your comments are derogatory. Thats why. You said his wife is supporting his family...REALLY? You know the dude well? Know for sure he's dependent on his wifes salary, huh?
1st of all, he doesnt need his wife's salary. Second of all, his LSU income was not interrupted.

Hes been back and forth to Lubbock. Yep, his family is there for now.

Hes here now making things happen.

Wow Jet, hangin with the Big Boys, popin' tops and shootin the ****.

Don't take him flyin. The loss of 2 of the Biggest names in anesthesia would set us back 20 years. ;)

I met him when he did a lecture at UNM. Very approachable, down to earth. I was very impressed.