Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering if anyone is billing for phone calls.
I usually drop a short note in the EMR to document the call and what was discussed.
These are the codes I came across:
Telephone ServicesPhysician
99441 phone call 5 to 10 minutes of medical discussion
99442 phone call 11 to 20 minutes of medical discussion
99443 phone call 21 to 31 minutes of medical discussion
Telephone ServicesNon-Physician Healthcare Provider
Non-physician refers to a nurse, nurse practitioner or physician assistant (see physician extenders)
98966 phone call 5 to 10 minutes of medical discussion
98967 phone call 11 to 20 minutes of medical discussion
98968 phone call 21 to 30 minutes of medical discussion
Online Services Physician
99444 Email or some other online service to discuss a medical problem
Online Services Non-Physician Healthcare Provider
Non-physician refers to a nurse, nurse practitioner or physician assistant (see physician extenders)
98969 Email or some other online service to discuss a medical problem
I realize that these codes are probably not going to be paid, but I figure if i'm take the time to talk and put a note in the chart, I will send a bill.
I usually drop a short note in the EMR to document the call and what was discussed.
These are the codes I came across:
Telephone ServicesPhysician
99441 phone call 5 to 10 minutes of medical discussion
99442 phone call 11 to 20 minutes of medical discussion
99443 phone call 21 to 31 minutes of medical discussion
Telephone ServicesNon-Physician Healthcare Provider
Non-physician refers to a nurse, nurse practitioner or physician assistant (see physician extenders)
98966 phone call 5 to 10 minutes of medical discussion
98967 phone call 11 to 20 minutes of medical discussion
98968 phone call 21 to 30 minutes of medical discussion
Online Services Physician
99444 Email or some other online service to discuss a medical problem
Online Services Non-Physician Healthcare Provider
Non-physician refers to a nurse, nurse practitioner or physician assistant (see physician extenders)
98969 Email or some other online service to discuss a medical problem
I realize that these codes are probably not going to be paid, but I figure if i'm take the time to talk and put a note in the chart, I will send a bill.