Binghamton or Stony Brook ?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CJM753

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question has probably been asked over and over again and I've been doing tons of research myself but here goes. Binghamton Univeristy or Stony Brook University?
I'm going to be a biology major (thinking about changing it) and hopefully going to Dental school four years from now so which school do you think is a better choice ?
Stony is closer to home (i live in NYC) nd I know a decent amt of people going there this fall (iuno if thts a good thing) and Bing is ofc, farther away & i kno no one. Both seems to be great schools in the SUNY systems, doesnt seem like either decision will hurt me. so i was wondering which school well better prepare me for Dental school ? Research & Volunteer opportunities ? Anything really to help me make a decision. lol.
Anyone here attend undergrad at either of these schools ?

Thanks in advance for any input :laugh:!

Members don't see this ad.

Stony Brook for sure!

I am currently in my 3rd year here and I love it! Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!

Thanks for replying :laugh:
I do have a couple of general questions :)
1. Are you in the predental society? If yes, is it helpful ?
2. What research and volunteer opportunities have you been given over the years?
3. I hear that being an undergrad at stony makes it easier to get into the stony dental grad school, true or no ? Do you see most people ending up in dental school they wanted to ?
4. What is ur GPA range and would you say ur classmates are competitive ? Professors helpful ?

One thing that bothering me about SB is the fact alot of the people from my middle school & HS are going there. many of them picked SB cuz other schools didnt accept them. it almost feels like they didnt have a choice ): It really shouldnt affect me much but what do you think ? :confused:
I tried to send u a message but it said your inbox was full ):

Hi CJM753,

I attended Stony Brook University as an undergrad and am now a student at Stony Brook Dental. I definitely enjoyed Stony Brook undergrad and felt that it prepared me for dental school (as much as an undergrad can!)- there were plenty of research and volunteer opportunities of which I took part. Also Stony Brook dental seems to like their own- in a class of 40, 9 students attended Stony undergrad. That being said, it really doesn't matter where you go for undergrad. As long as you work hard, get involved (research, volunteer, etc), and shadow, admissions do not care where you went. Go to the school you feel is a better fit. Hope that helps!