Bio at Two Different Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prairiemusic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I finished Bio I at my home institution a few years ago now and I tried to finish Bio II this semester (at the same time as Biochem and Genetics, not my best call) and I'll most likely have to withdraw from the class due to poor grades. My school has given me the option to finish the points at another institution (likely my state school) this summer in order to graduate. Based on the course descriptions, it seems like Bio I at the state school is the cell/molecular stuff and Bio II is mostly ecology/evolution stuff. At my home institution, both semesters are cell/molecular.

Can I count Bio I from my home institution and Bio I at my state school as my 8 Biology hours? Or would that be counted as retaking a course? I don't have the syllabus for my state school courses yet so I don't know how much is repeated from when I took it at my home school. I've already taken the MCAT so preparing for that isn't a factor here. Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I finished Bio I at my home institution a few years ago now and I tried to finish Bio II this semester (at the same time as Biochem and Genetics, not my best call) and I'll most likely have to withdraw from the class due to poor grades. My school has given me the option to finish the points at another institution (likely my state school) this summer in order to graduate. Based on the course descriptions, it seems like Bio I at the state school is the cell/molecular stuff and Bio II is mostly ecology/evolution stuff. At my home institution, both semesters are cell/molecular.

Can I count Bio I from my home institution and Bio I at my state school as my 8 Biology hours? Or would that be counted as retaking a course? I don't have the syllabus for my state school courses yet so I don't know how much is repeated from when I took it at my home school. I've already taken the MCAT so preparing for that isn't a factor here. Any advice is appreciated.

Are there qualifiers in the name that differentiate them?

Members don't see this ad :)
This sounds very school dependent and up to the discretion of the school of how they interpret your transcripts; the most sure thing would be to ask each school individually how they would view your situation

Thank you all for your advice! I'll reach out to my target schools and see what they have to say, but from what you've all said this should work.