• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Jun 10, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
At my undergrad they only had an introductory bio course and not a bio1/bio2 sequence. I've taken a lot of upper level bio classes, but would it be worthwhile to take bio II at a community college? I've also seen some schools count zoology as a second bio course, so would it be better for me to take zoology (at a 4-year)?

Gonzalo de Montalvo

El heroe de la villa
2+ Year Member
May 10, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
It probably depends on the schools you apply to, but I would say don’t worry about taking a second intro-type bio if you have sufficient upper division credits in bio as deemed by most school’s standards. I did take an intro “biological diversity” class for credit that was really easy and fun and it counted toward my bio reqs (also as the “second semester intro bio”).

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.