bio-magic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roadwarrior

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i was wondering if any knows of good textbooks/resources for biomechanics?

how did you guys go about studying /understanding it?

thanks,

R.W

Members don't see this ad.

The textbook we used is called Clinical Biomechanics of the Lower Extremity by Ronald Valmassy. I don't know that many other students in my class bought it, but I found it helpful. I don't know about other books, so I can't compare it to anything.

For studying, I just sat down with my notes and the textbook and my foot model and worked things through that way. If I needed to, I also pulled out my anatomy atlas to help tie that into it as well. We were allowed to use our foot models on our tests, so studying with the foot helped me not only figure things out, but also remember it for test time.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The textbook we used is called Clinical Biomechanics of the Lower Extremity by Ronald Valmassy. I don't know that many other students in my class bought it, but I found it helpful. I don't know about other books, so I can't compare it to anything.

For studying, I just sat down with my notes and the textbook and my foot model and worked things through that way. If I needed to, I also pulled out my anatomy atlas to help tie that into it as well. We were allowed to use our foot models on our tests, so studying with the foot helped me not only figure things out, but also remember it for test time.

I also used my foot model to project joint angles and things. I found this very useful.

Valmassy is a great text. I found a copy fairly cheap online, if you don't want to buy it I would guess your library would have a copy on reserve.