ippie

ippie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
NY
Status
Pre-Dental
What do you use bio question practicing book?
I have destroyer, achiever and topscore, but I still think it's not enough.
Do you know any bio practicing book such as Organic Chemistry Odyssey?
I need tons of detail bio questions.

eatkabab

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
Dental Student
from my experience, destroyer and achiever (and kinda half assed topscore) are really your best sources. other sources you might try can be found going through the bio question thread thats like 6 pages long... should be on the main DAT discussion page.

dentalplan

10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2008
Connecticut
Status
Pre-Dental
want more?

let's see- there's ksf, ap cliffs, acethedat, columbia review/ high yield biology, sat II bio prep books, other bio ap prep books besides cliffs, old bio exams from your classes, bio review books like shaum's, kaplan b&n books, kaplan class questions, online questions, practice questions from textbooks like campbells, etc. Theres probably more, i hope...

Or, if you really want to, you can try understanding concepts, that way, when you get a question you've never encountered before, you can answer it with confidence anyway.

eatkabab

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
Dental Student
want more?

let's see- there's ksf, ap cliffs, acethedat, columbia review/ high yield biology, sat II bio prep books, other bio ap prep books besides cliffs, old bio exams from your classes, bio review books like shaum's, kaplan b&n books, kaplan class questions, online questions, practice questions from textbooks like campbells, etc. Theres probably more, i hope...

Or, if you really want to, you can try understanding concepts, that way, when you get a question you've never encountered before, you can answer it with confidence anyway.
high yield biology

that ones the one I was talking about in the bio thread. I didn't use it, but I highly recommend it. the questions require you to think more. like the DAT. but its not an indication of questions on the actual test. just gets you thinking

dentalplan

10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2008
Connecticut
Status
Pre-Dental
high yield biology

that ones the one I was talking about in the bio thread. I didn't use it, but I highly recommend it. the questions require you to think more. like the DAT. but its not an indication of questions on the actual test. just gets you thinking
good point eatkabab-

it's good to think. And actually, some of the questions from high yield are really really good...but...some go into a fair amount of detail and thinking. But....theyre really not that bad....you just gotta make sure you got your facts straight. the more practice questions the better, so you should check out high yield bio. If your gonna study bio, study ALL of it...b/c you never know what you're gonna get on the exam. Some people said they studied a lot for cell respiration, and photosynthesis and stuff like that, but didn't get any questions on those topics on the real exam. Most of the questions on the DAT are basic, but some are hard....like for example, know what all cell types look like (adipose tissue, smooth muscle, ovaries, thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, neurons, things like that (histology). Plus....I'd know what FRAP, SDS-PAGE and electrophoresis and western blotting is...and stuff like that... (Northern= RNA, Western= proteins Southern= DNA)

cheers

hannah999

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
which high yield biology book is it? i see a microbiology/infectious diseases and cell/molecular is this what you guys are talking about?

eatkabab

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
Dental Student
which high yield biology book is it? i see a microbiology/infectious diseases and cell/molecular is this what you guys are talking about?
I dunno which it is, but I know that someone has read me a good 50 or so questions from one of them and I thought they were particularly good questions...