Bio question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nornton

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which of the following aspects of cellular respiration is correctly paired with the location in the cell where it occurs?
A. Glycolysis: outer mitochondrial membrane
B. Fatty acid degradation: inner mitochondrial membrane
C. Krebs cycle enzymes and intermediates: mitochondrial matrix
D. Coenzyme A formation: inner mitochondrial membrane
E. ATP synthesis: cytoplasm

I know why the correct answer is C but couldn't it also be E since glycolysis occurs in the cytoplasm?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That says atp synthesis so I would assume they mean inner membrane/cristae (oxidative phosphorylation) with atp synthetase right?

That says atp synthesis so I would assume they mean inner membrane/cristae (oxidative phosphorylation) with atp synthetase right?
Thats what I was thinking but couldn't E technically be correct since glycolysis nets 2 ATP?

Guess c is the better answer. Most atp synthesis occurs in inner membrane/cristae or across plasma membrane in prokaryotes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
maybe they're being technical since glycolysis "technically" occurs in the cytosol? I've never heard glycolysis occuring in the cytoplasm but always cytosol. But at first glance i would've chose the best answer C.

maybe they're being technical since glycolysis "technically" occurs in the cytosol? I've never heard glycolysis occuring in the cytoplasm but always cytosol. But at first glance i would've chose the best answer C.
Cytoplasm encompasses cytosol I don't think it's that