Bio Resources Question

nikkon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

This might be a dumb question, but is Cliffs AP Bio 3rd edition still a viable resource for bio, considering the rise of other texts such as DAT Bootcamp's new bio notes and Dr. Romano's bio review?

Also, what bio resources seemed to have worked best for you or what advice would you give out when it comes to studying for this section? I feel like I have a solid foundation due to undergrad bio classes, but I'm finding myself spending too much time in this section, causing me to run out of time for the other sections during the day.

Members don't see this ad.

Biology is one of the harder sections due to the vast amount of material it covers. I would say Cliffs 3rd edition would still be fine. I used the kaplan book, OAT destroyer, and chad videos. Kaplan book and Chad videos are a great review (Chad videos still might be free for the biology section). Chad videos are nice if you're a visual learner. OAT destroyer is around 700 questions in the biology section with explanations in the back and the questions are almost identical to the actual OAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Biology is one of the harder sections due to the vast amount of material it covers. I would say Cliffs 3rd edition would still be fine. I used the kaplan book, OAT destroyer, and chad videos. Kaplan book and Chad videos are a great review (Chad videos still might be free for the biology section). Chad videos are nice if you're a visual learner. OAT destroyer is around 700 questions in the biology section with explanations in the back and the questions are almost identical to the actual OAT.
Hey, thanks for the reply!
I've been following Ari's schedule now. Been reading one chapter a day from Cliff's, and making notes/flashcards the next while complementing the book with DAT Bootcamp's notes. Seems a lot more bearable now.

If you need even more practice, the Kaplan OAT Q-bank was really good for reviewing biology. I went through all of the questions (about 200 for biology) and didn't see anything that was unfamiliar on the actual OAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you need even more practice, the Kaplan OAT Q-bank was really good for reviewing biology. I went through all of the questions (about 200 for biology) and didn't see anything that was unfamiliar on the actual OAT.
Thank you for your response. Is the q-bank only accessible through the paid courses?