Bio Result is messed up!!! any advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pisiform

Oh Crap!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I took biology midterm today on computer/blackboard. It was quite tough. After a while I came down stairs and logged on the blackboard to see the grades and it says 16 :eek: I know I did not do that bad. So I am wondering if 16 are the number of incorrect answers :laugh:

Does this thing happen to you guys???

I asked my professor and he said these are not grades???

Members don't see this ad.

It's 16 out of 20! All joking aside; I don't know, just wait and see. Ask for Extra Credit! Be sure to study next time and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ but all kidding aside ... everyone fails tests. Normally, at least in my experience, the curve makes up for it, and it's one of those ones where everyone fails. I had an electromagnetism class that was so tough that a class full of die-hard, cut-throat pre-meds would seriously share (like actually show each other, not lie etc) their hilarious fails because the average in the class would be like a 50% and it would be adjusted.

^^ but all kidding aside ... everyone fails tests. Normally, at least in my experience, the curve makes up for it, and it's one of those ones where everyone fails. I had an electromagnetism class that was so tough that a class full of die-hard, cut-throat pre-meds would seriously share (like actually show each other, not lie etc) their hilarious fails because the average in the class would be like a 50% and it would be adjusted.
That legitimately sounds fun.

Anyway, how do you take a midterm on Blackboard??! Doesn't the professor know that everyone would cheat?

That legitimately sounds fun

We had a midterm one time, and the average was 18/50 ... I got a 22 and felt like a champ.

The funny thing was is that the professor was good, the class was smart (I went to the top ranked public school in US), but the course was just notoriously difficult. It sucked though because the professor thought it was his fault. I went to office hours one time and he was telling me how bummed he was. I told him that he was doing a legitimately good job (he was) ... and I always thought my grade turned out a little higher than I expected in the end ;)

We had a midterm one time, and the average was 18/50 ... I got a 22 and felt like a champ.

The funny thing was is that the professor was good, the class was smart (I went to the top ranked public school in US), but the course was just notoriously difficult. It sucked though because the professor thought it was his fault. I went to office hours one time and he was telling me how bummed he was. I told him that he was doing a legitimately good job (he was) ... and I always thought my grade turned out a little higher than I expected in the end ;)

We've all had those classes like your EM class. My Physics 1B (Oscillations, Waves and Fields) class was engineering class and the professor was literally disappointed because the class average was too high for his liking at a 34%... seriously? His reasoning was that he wanted the class to sweat it out, a slight miscalculation in engineering, especially aerospace, civil, etc. can result in deaths so he awarded no partial credit. Ridiculous if you ask me.

We've all had those classes like your EM class. My Physics 1B (Oscillations, Waves and Fields) class was engineering class and the professor was literally disappointed because the class average was too high for his liking at a 34%... seriously? His reasoning was that he wanted the class to sweat it out, a slight miscalculation in engineering, especially aerospace, civil, etc. can result in deaths so he awarded no partial credit. Ridiculous if you ask me.

I had a biochem teacher who was the same way ... he essentially liked the averages to be low.

OMG I had the same guy for physics I!!!

Anyway, how do you take a midterm on Blackboard??! Doesn't the professor know that everyone would cheat?

We took midterm exam on School Computer under invigilation and using a software called Respondus LockDown Browser ........ So no way to CHEAT:D

and you know what, all of my friends got no more than 24. I hope this is the numbers of incorrect answers and so in this way I can get the HIGHEST :laugh: