Biochem Abroad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikeshp

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken biochemistry abroad? How difficult would it be, in a place like the UK? I really wanted to study abroad for a semester, and I know that if I did, I would have to request that I actually get a number grade, nut just pass or fail, which would be fine, but I don't really want to put myself in that situation if it would be easier here. I know that its different between different universities, I go to a state university, not as good as UM or Berkeley, but it is I think ranked in the 30s for public university by USNWR, if that help any.

Members don't see this ad.

I took 1 semester of biochem in London. It was the 1st year class there, but they have A-levels, so they come in a bit above freshmen year in college. I think it was easier than my school's biochem. However, it was the hardest of the science classes I took there (once I figured out how their classes work). It counted towards my major and med school.

On my AMCAS transcript the study abroad classes were all marked as P (I had to coordinate getting a copy of the study abroad transcript to be sent to AMCAS with my home school's transcript). But all my study abroad classes were graded based on the UK grading system >70% = A+, As = 64-69, Bs = 50-63, etc, and my school got the real transcript, and when I got into med school, I had to have the English school send my transcript to my med school.

>70 is an A+? how hard is this in reality?