Biochem online recommendations!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winniekate07

ISU c/o 2025!!
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school offers biochem but the professor is notoriously difficult and everyone who has taken this professor wishes they hadn't! I am looking for an alternative! I was considering Doane but just found out that some schools require that Ochem as a prereq for their required biochem course.

Since Doane does not require Ochem, I am back to the drawing board. Does anyone have any recommendations for online biochem courses? Ideally, I would prefer a non-proctored course as giving third-party companies access to my computer weirds me out but that isn't a requirement!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My school offers biochem but the professor is notoriously difficult and everyone who has taken this professor wishes they hadn't! I am looking for an alternative! I was considering Doane but just found out that some schools require that Ochem as a prereq for their required biochem course.

Since Doane does not require Ochem, I am back to the drawing board. Does anyone have any recommendations for online biochem courses? Ideally, I would prefer a non-proctored course as giving third-party companies access to my computer weirds me out but that isn't a requirement!

Thanks!
I took my biochem class at UC Santa Cruz (online because of covid). They allow non students to take a class here and there. It requires ochem as a prereq and it’s a one quarter class. The classes were asynchronous and you watch the lectures on your own time. Tests are done through canvas and are not proctored. The professor was OK.

I took my biochem class at UC Santa Cruz (online because of covid). They allow non students to take a class here and there. It requires ochem as a prereq and it’s a one quarter class. The classes were asynchronous and you watch the lectures on your own time. Tests are done through canvas and are not proctored. The professor was OK.
I took it in the summer so I’m not sure if that’s why I was able to take it as a non student. But maybe it’s worth looking at?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are not applying for Fall 2021 admission and can take classes next summer, UC Davis has open enrollment for their summer sessions! I took their biochem series this past summer (BIS 102/BIS 103) and every school I applied to accepted it. They require ochem as a prerequisite and are both worth 3 quarter credits.

One of my professors made tests open book, the other made the tests closed book but it was honor system so no proctoring program.