Biochem Online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bears1992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a nontrad applying this year to mostly DO schools as my GPA is low. I finished taking the prereqs at my local state college except for biochem as they do not offer it. The nearest school that offers that class is 1.5 hours away and it's a MWF class during the day (doesn't exactly fit in well with my 9-5 job). I see UNECOM has biochem offered online but I'm not sure if it would transfer as the course number is a 1000 level. I don't have any online/community college courses on my transcript so it would be my only one. None of the MD schools I'm applying to reject biochem online, however, I'm wonder if UNECOMs Biochem class will even transfer because the course number is CHEM 1005.

Is UNECOMs biochem class good only for their DO school?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a nontrad applying this year to mostly DO schools as my GPA is low. I finished taking the prereqs at my local state college except for biochem as they do not offer it. The nearest school that offers that class is 1.5 hours away and it's a MWF class during the day (doesn't exactly fit in well with my 9-5 job). I see UNECOM has biochem offered online but I'm not sure if it would transfer as the course number is a 1000 level. I don't have any online/community college courses on my transcript so it would be my only one. None of the MD schools I'm applying to reject biochem online, however, I'm wonder if UNECOMs Biochem class will even transfer because the course number is CHEM 1005.

Is UNECOMs biochem class good only for their DO school?
In past years, it was my impression that UNECOM's online coursework was reputable, and generally accepted by DO schools and some MD schools. But things change, so it's probably best to call schools and ask each one individually, to be on the safe side. Before you spend the money.

In past years, it was my impression that UNECOM's online coursework was reputable, and generally accepted by DO schools and some MD schools. But things change, so it's probably best to call schools and ask each one individually, to be on the safe side. Before you spend the money.
Thanks for the reply! I can see from MSAR which MD schools accept online course work, I was just wondering if UNECOMs online courses were for their DO school only as the course numbers for all their classes are in the 1000 level and don't seem to match up with any traditional schools course numbers. I'm not applying to that many MD schools (7 MD & 25 DO) so I'll just take your advice and call each MD school. Also my dog says she would like to make arrangements to chase your cat.

Reactions: 1 user