SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Biochem

Discussion in 'NBDE Exams & Licensure Exams' started by MMY, Mar 28, 2007.

1. MMY

MMY 5+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2007
    hi
    can nebody tell me how to understand biochem???
    im studyin after 4 yrs n its all so forgein tome now
    is neone interested in teachin?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. diastema1

diastema1 2+ Year Member

Dec 28, 2006
    :eek: Biochemistry must be studied with patience and lots of time, I would recommend to register in a junior College for less than $130.00 you can take it during a whole semester, or just be auditing General Chemistry first, then Organic Chemistry and then Biochem...:thumbup:
    :idea: ...or Wal-mart-101, McDonalds-201, Taco Bell-301, JCPennys-401, Sears-501(graduation), or a good car sales person is needed at all times.:D(joking)***

Go ahead my little grasshopper and study hard, burn those eyelashes with consistant dedication and great will to pass this class.:luck:

4. diastema1

diastema1 2+ Year Member

Dec 28, 2006
    :eek: Biochemistry must be studied with patience and lots of time, I would recommend to register in a junior College for less than $130.00 you can take it during a whole semester, or just be auditing General Chemistry first, then Organic Chemistry and then Biochem...:thumbup:
    :idea: ...or Wal-mart-101, McDonalds-201, Taco Bell-301, JCPennys-401, Sears-501(graduation), or a good car sales person is needed at all times.:scared: (joking)***

Go ahead my little grasshopper and study hard, burn those eyelashes with consistant dedication and great will to pass this class.:luck:

5. MMY

MMY 5+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2007
    all that sounds alot of fun......i wish biochem was that much fun too...i mean man!!its tough or wht
    i feel like i have never seen all those topics ever b4 n im actually very tensed up co of it
    today i decided enough was enough n i started anat which is way better i mean i can atleast relate to it
    god help me!!!!
    hey im doin it for nbde1 not college

6. edentulous

edentulous 2+ Year Member

Oct 3, 2006
    HI MMY !
    i know how u feel cuz i had the same experience with the biochem but now i think it is one of my better subjects. I think that the imp thing is that u exactly know the flow of the substrates and intermediates thru different pathways and if u do that biochem comes as a story .Anyways wat i did was that i watched the kaplan video review of the biochem . it took me abt 5 days (i made the flow diagrams and repeated the points that i missed or dint understand). That really works and i reccomend that (especially since biochem is a subject that cud drag our overall score to a preety low level.
    GOOD LUCK

7. jaz16

jaz16 2+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2007
    hi mmy i recommend u to do biochem from lippincott's .its a very good book and it will really clear all ur doubts with biochem.. so just go ahead and do it from lippincott's...

8. MMY

MMY 5+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2007
    thanks alot ppl for givin me all the tips
    i'll try to follow em otherwise i have u ppl i'll just get back to u
    wish me luck

9. cheekydent

cheekydent 2+ Year Member

Mar 24, 2007
    hi there...

im preparin for my part1 right now n trust me my scene wit biochem was same as yours...but thn USMLE part1 material came to my rescue...so try thm...hope tis helps...:)