Biochemistry question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robe25

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Biochemistry is my weakest area and I would like to review it this summer. At school mounted to the wall we have a giant chart that shows many different pathways (krebs, glycolyisis, FA synthesis.....) and how they are interconnected. The poster is pretty old. Does anyone have any idea where I could find something like this (either to buy or online)? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I do not know about a giant poster, but the book titled medical biochemistry by Baynes and Dominiczak has great flowcharts. You can check out samples of these on their website.

www.fleshandbones.com

Lippincott's Illustrated review of Biochemistry has a "big picture" flowchart that shows all the cycles where they fit into the "big picture". I think it's on Page 75 or 76, if I remember correctly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I second Lippincott's. Then make (many) copies of it to really cement the pathways.

I second the poster who mentioned Baynes & D. This is a really good book - worth having in my opinion just for the diagrams... I have the Champe and Harvey (Lippincott) too and while it's where I turn to for information first, it's not half as detailed as what you will probably need for first year medical school biochemistry.