Biological Science Grrrrrrrrrrr Study Method?

Started by kdog3682
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kdog3682

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't mind the Bioc, cell and molecular , genetics stuff. But that's like only 25% of the content material!

I took intro Bio in undergrad which covered some physiology but other than that, I have no neuronal synapses directed @ microbiology/physiology.

I really, really, don't want to be slogging through reading EK or TBR.

- Any advice on whether or not I actually need to try and memorize microbiology/physiology?

Or will I be able to do the passages via logical deduction?
 
You need to learn (not memorize) microbiology and physiology for the mcat. Every test has at least a few questions/passages on those subjects so skipping them would be suicidal. I suppose you could TRY to logically deduce them, but considering that even students who learned microbio/physiology often fail at logically deducing the right answer, I think you will struggle big time without proper preparation.
 
khanacademy.org
Try reading through the texts, then watching videos that talk about it, then look at diagrams and make sure you understand everything. Being able to visualize body systems and biological pathways grants you better reasoning skills in biology.