biology 101 and 102 post bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pancakeman86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If your BCMP is 3.5 I don't think you have too much to worry about by getting one C. You could always take a few upper division bio classes if you're really worried about it, but honestly I think you're fine. 1 C is not going to kill you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Truthfully, this a tough call since adcom expect you to do well on the pre-req. It will not be an easy sell but you can deflect attention from those grades by taking upper level bio courses successfully (A's and high B's at least). Remember that you will be competing with bio majors who have high marks in lower and higher level bio courses.

Adcom want to see academic performance first and foremost and then other things. BTW how will you prep for the mcat because bio 1, 2 may not cover all the topics tested on the biological section? :luck::luck:

I could drop the class, and not getting a C, and wait until next spring to take it, but this puts everything back and would rather not do it. I guess what would you do in this situation ? I could take some upper level bio classes, but I don't see the point of taking them since I graduated and i feel like it might be a waste of time and money. Is there any chance I can explain this to adcoms or redeem myself ?.

Seriously, I would try taking some upper level courses. Maybe anatomy, microbiology, genetics? Anything. I tend to think that doing poorly in your most recent course work would reflect badly but I'm not sure. The main issue is how prepared you will be for the MCAT.

Your science gpa is 3.5, even if you get a C in this class, correct?

A few C's are not that big of a deal if overall you are close to the averages...sure, it'd be better if you got a better grade, or you got it in freshman year instead of now, but it's not like no one is ever going to look at your app b/c you got a C in bio2...stop worrying so much.
You can take upper level classes if you want, but I really wouldn't worry about it. Study for the MCAT and do well and everything should be fine. This is not purely a numbers game...make sure you have a strong app in other areas too.

Last edited: