Biology and Chemistry Sections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm_D2B

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi first post: So I have gone through the Collins practice tests for Biology and Chemistry along with the study guides numerous times to the point where I can answer most of the questions very accurately. But I don't want to depend on just this come test day in Sept, so for most people how did the questions/materials in Collins compare to the real PCAT?
I also have Pearson and have ordered the Kaplan book. Pearson seems okayish.

Members don't see this ad.

Youll get a 99% haha good luck! I only mastered chem 3x and did well. Found the collins prep me for pearson really well. how do u feel on math and read and verb

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with YOWAT, you'll get a great score from Collins. I used his and got a 99 in bio and chem! For bio, everything you need to possibly know is in Collins and I found the easiest way to learn the material was to take the practice tests then go back and use the study guides to explain things I got wrong. Chem is the same as Collins but he is really almost too thorough for chemistry with two separate study guides for gen chem and orgo. I found for orgo simply knowing reagents and being able to identify them as reducing/oxidizing etc and then knowing what the product will look like based on that helps with time and accuracy.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with YOWAT, you'll get a great score from Collins. I used his and got a 99 in bio and chem! For bio, everything you need to possibly know is in Collins and I found the easiest way to learn the material was to take the practice tests then go back and use the study guides to explain things I got wrong. Chem is the same as Collins but he is really almost too thorough for chemistry with two separate study guides for gen chem and orgo. I found for orgo simply knowing reagents and being able to identify them as reducing/oxidizing etc and then knowing what the product will look like based on that helps with time and accuracy.
I'm just hoping I get even 90+ on chem and bio, thanks for your input! I'm now trying to go through the tests and going back through the studyguide at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Youll get a 99% haha good luck! I only mastered chem 3x and did well. Found the collins prep me for pearson really well. how do u feel on math and read and verb
Verbal is pretty easy (I think) but it just all depends on what words are presented to you on your PCAT. You either know them or don't! Thank you!

Would you say it is better to go through the chemistry practice exams first and try to understand concepts through there, without studying the study guide first? I am short in time as my exam date is approaching jan.6 and trying to find the best way to get thru most of the info. So far I have only finished bio.
Thanks in advance!