Biology and "English/Writing" requirements...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andrew Dufresne

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For bio I have:

• 1 semester undergrad Biology w/lab
  • 8 Biology AP credits that transferred to my undergrad
  • Lots of pseudobiology courses (Anatomy&Phys, biochem, grad level physiology)
  • A 10 on the MCAT bio section
Shouldn't all that somehow be equivalent to 2 semesters of biology? Should I enroll in a local school somewhere for another semester of freshman level biology this summer? I'd be 6 years older than everyone! :laugh:

It is basically the same situation for "English/Writing" requirements...

Members don't see this ad.

For bio I have:

• 1 semester undergrad Biology w/lab
  • 8 Biology AP credits that transferred to my undergrad
  • Lots of pseudobiology courses (Anatomy&Phys, biochem, grad level physiology)
  • A 10 on the MCAT bio section
Shouldn't all that somehow be equivalent to 2 semesters of biology? Should I enroll in a local school somewhere for another semester of freshman level biology this summer? I'd be 6 years older than everyone! :laugh:

It is basically the same situation for "English/Writing" requirements...

How is A&P, Biochem, and Physiology 'pseudobiology'?

Most schools will accept AP credit for biology. There are only a few who don't, and most of those are ok as long as you take advanced bio courses, which you have. I think the only one that doesn't that I considered at one point was Columbia. Some of the CA schools are the same.

How is A&P, Biochem, and Physiology 'pseudobiology'?

Most schools will accept AP credit for biology. There are only a few who don't, and most of those are ok as long as you take advanced bio courses, which you have. I think the only one that doesn't that I considered at one point was Columbia. Some of the CA schools are the same.

You need to make sure that the undergrad gave you credit for AP, though. Otherwise, med schools will not accept them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Biology (BIOL) - BCPM
• Anatomy
• Biology
• Biophysics
• Biotechnology
• Botany
• Cell Biology
• Ecology
• Entomology
• Genetics
• Histology