Biology courses to take before MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kay5

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm an engineering major so I have limited space for extra biology classes (past bio 1&2 and biochemistry). I think I can fit one more biology class in prior to taking the MCAT, and was wondering which course would be the most beneficial. Right now I'm deciding between, Genetics, Microbiology, Physiology, Neurobiology, or Anatomy. At my school, I could take Cell Structure and Function after Genetics or I could take Immunology after Microbiology, so that's another factor.

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I'm an engineering major so I have limited space for extra biology classes (past bio 1&2 and biochemistry). I think I can fit one more biology class in prior to taking the MCAT, and was wondering which course would be the most beneficial. Right now I'm deciding between, Genetics, Microbiology, Physiology, Neurobiology, or Anatomy. At my school, I could take Cell Structure and Function after Genetics or I could take Immunology after Microbiology, so that's another factor.

Thank You!

Physiology by far.
Will help in physiology, pharmacology and Pathology in med school if you have a solid foundation

Hello!

Thank You!
Have to agree with others. It also depends on what your school offers as physiology. If it is standard A&P, it might make more sense to do genetics. If they have a stand-alone physiology class then that would probably be perfect!

Either way, it can only help you!

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors