Kay5

2+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hello!

I'm an engineering major so I have limited space for extra biology classes (past bio 1&2 and biochemistry). I think I can fit one more biology class in prior to taking the MCAT, and was wondering which course would be the most beneficial. Right now I'm deciding between, Genetics, Microbiology, Physiology, Neurobiology, or Anatomy. At my school, I could take Cell Structure and Function after Genetics or I could take Immunology after Microbiology, so that's another factor.

Thank You!

Reactions: 1 user

FutureInternist

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2007
Where Bugs Bunny should have made a left turn
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Hello!

I'm an engineering major so I have limited space for extra biology classes (past bio 1&2 and biochemistry). I think I can fit one more biology class in prior to taking the MCAT, and was wondering which course would be the most beneficial. Right now I'm deciding between, Genetics, Microbiology, Physiology, Neurobiology, or Anatomy. At my school, I could take Cell Structure and Function after Genetics or I could take Immunology after Microbiology, so that's another factor.

Thank You!

Physiology by far.
Will help in physiology, pharmacology and Pathology in med school if you have a solid foundation

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Gold Donor
Vendor
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician
Hello!

Thank You!
Have to agree with others. It also depends on what your school offers as physiology. If it is standard A&P, it might make more sense to do genetics. If they have a stand-alone physiology class then that would probably be perfect!

Either way, it can only help you!

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads