1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Biology Prep.

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by skyisblue, Mar 27, 2007.

1. skyisblue

Pre-Dental
    Okay, I could not stay away from DAT for long.....

I don't remember much bio, and the Kaplan bb is inadequate.

I was thinking about reading the entire campbells between studying the other subjects. It's only about 700pages.

Would this be wise or suicide?

I'm thinking this would help me with my RC too.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dentaldentist

dentaldentist Junior Member

Dental Student
    Campbells is good if you have the time, but its a lot to go through. A slightly condensed, but still thorough version of the same material can be found using Schaum's ouline of biology. Its cheap and covers everything you need to know.

* Schaum's outline of biology

4. skyisblue

Pre-Dental
    I'm giving myself until the end of April to do the bulk of the DAT stuff. I looked at Schaum's, and I'm probably going to use it for like ecology, evolution and botany maybe. You're right. It's really condensed with no pictures. I think I need Campbell's to hold my hand...

I can chronicle my Campbell's experience as I read it from cover to cover, take the DAT and then see how it actually helped or not. So far, I'm still on Chapter 1, but I'm doing GChem now.

Thanks for the advice! :thumbup: