Biology Question??? For expert biology thinkers???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikejames

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a question on my biology test today and it asked you are looking in a microscope and you see a substance with a cell wall and membrane bound organelle is this a plant cell or a bacterium? Does anybody know

Also it asked me what does a membranous compartmentilization do?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a question on my biology test today and it asked you are looking in a microscope and you see a substance with a cell wall and membrane bound organelle is this a plant cell or a bacterium? Does anybody know

Also it asked me what does a membranous compartmentilization do?

I am nowhere near an "expert" in biology... but here it goes. The thing you saw in the microscope was a plant cell...why? although both proks (i.e. bacteria) have cells walls and plasma membranes, proks do NOT have any membrane bound organelles... plants on the other hand do have membrane bound organelles since they're euks...

as for your second question regarding compartmentalization, this might help:

http://library.med.utah.edu/NetBiochem/membrane.htm#compartmentalization

best of luck:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
This is not an expert bio question. It's actually an incredibly rudimentary bio question.

Plant cell as others have already indicated is correct.

Hold on, let me jump on the bandwagon.

Prokaryotes have no membrane-bound organelles.

Whew, that's better!

This is not an expert bio question. It's actually an incredibly rudimentary bio question.

Plant cell as others have already indicated is correct.

no offense. but this is so AP bio.

this is like intro to remedial bio... i mean what do you learn before this in bio??? is there some topic that is covered before this in bio??? HONESTLY!!?!?!?!?!?! :confused: