EdgeTrimmer

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I'm modelling the successful behavior of your son rather than the questionable advice of his dad!!! :cool:
Difference is my kid listens to what I say and then decides on his own, but you think you know everything and jump to criticism quickly :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
If you like a certain non-science subject and it’ll be easier for you to have a great GPA I would 100% recommend doing that instead of something like neuro or BME. it’s just obvious given schools don’t care what your major is. The issue at least at my undergrad was that those non science courses typically require a lot “dumb” effort in terms of presentations, group work, and a lot of in class participation. That stuff makes it “hard” for someone like me. I much preferred to learn about neuro and take all of the complex classes and had a great time. But if you like something else and it’s going to be easier definitely go do that imo

Reactions: 1 users
Mar 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If you like a certain non-science subject and it’ll be easier for you to have a great GPA I would 100% recommend doing that instead of something like neuro or BME. it’s just obvious given schools don’t care what your major is. The issue at least at my undergrad was that those non science courses typically require a lot “dumb” effort in terms of presentations, group work, and a lot of in class participation. That stuff makes it “hard” for someone like me. I much preferred to learn about neuro and take all of the complex classes and had a great time. But if you like something else and it’s going to be easier definitely go do that imo
This is my whole point!!!!!

HopeP

Probationary Status
2+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
As a pre-med, should I major in Biology or Neuroscience? Like which one is it harder to maintain a competitive GPA? And which one has the most overlap with the pre-med classes? (bio, chem, physics, calc etc)
Harder to maintain a competitive GPA are classes that you don't like and/or don't put enough efforts, not the major itself. Every major has odd classes that you may not like. You can also change the major during UG, only suggestion don't do it like browsing tinder..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads