Biomed master vs biology master

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DV2189

alDiente
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a tough time with this choice. I have heard that the biomed masters would be a great option for someone trying to do graduate level coursework in order to gain admission to dental school. I am looking at a specific one near home; the PCOM Georgia campus. But it is sooo expensive and I could choose to do a masters in biology at another university for a third of the tuition.

Any thoughts on if a masters in biology would be a big difference as compared to a masters in biomedical sciences when applying to dental schools??? Any advice/opinions/information is/are appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone?

I also should mention I applied in June 2013 for the 2014 cycle to some dental schools but I don't think my undergraduate GPA is enough...

What's your undergrad GPA? I can't speak from experience, but I would think that any masters program in biology or related fields (whether biomed or otherwise) would be looked at similarly.