Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I'll be starting college next year at Columbia University School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and I was thinking of majoring as a biomedical engineer. I definitely want to be a doctor but I chose BME because it seemed totally cool to me and the school has great resources even for undergraduates. However, now all my potential pre-med friends are saying it's a horrible decision because engineering is such a difficult major to get a high GPA in. I'm not a math/physics genius or anything but if I work hard I can do well. Since it seems that medical schools don't care at all about what you major in and only care about your GPA/MCAT and other stuff - I'm a little worried now. Should I consider majoring in another engineering field or perhaps switching from engineering school to the normal school altogether?
Thank you all for your input!
Thank you all for your input!
Makes me miss the good old days of marathon DBZ-watching sessions.