Biomedical Engineering Low Science GPA, Normal overall GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sinusoidal Wave

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am a pre-medical biomedical engineer. I currently have a 3.0 science GPA and have taken all of my premedical requirements. My overall GPA is a 3.5. Will having that low of a GPA with an average cumulative GPA in engineering dampen my chances of getting into medical school? What courses can I take to raise my science GPA that will help me in the future field of medicine? And is there anything else I should do to raise my GPA? I would prefer to take no more than a year after I graduate to apply for medical school.

Thanks
 
Yes that GPA will hurt, adcoms don't care that engineering is harder. Just take some easy biology classes or something to get that sGPA up.
 
You never know until you apply.

Are you SURE your BCPM is that low? You can always start playing the "categorize engineering classes liberally" game.