Biomedical research in dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you are currently planning to integrate biomedical research into your dental profession someday? I'm not anticipating many responses, just trying to see how much interest is out there.

If you are, do you want to do this through a faculty position or working in a hospital? I'm just curious. The hospital that I work at has dentists that research in oral oncology. They have their own clinical trials going etc. It seems to be a really interesting approach to me. I would love to do that. I'm just not sure how common this really is. Any thoughts or ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

i'd like to get into biomedical research, maybe part time or something later on. i know i'd like to still be involved in academics later on in my career.

Members don't see this ad :)
My brain refuses to let me not do something that gives back to the professions, so I'll almost certainly end up doing some kind of research or academic dentistry.

My brain refuses to let me not do something that gives back to the professions, so I'll almost certainly end up doing some kind of research or academic dentistry.

:thumbup: I like that. Seems that medicine is overflowing with people wanting to research. There appears to be only moderate interest in dental research. This means it can more easily be our playing field. We can own it...and kick the mean, disrespectful kids off of it.

I'd definitely like to get involved in research when I am a dentist. I've been doing research at a hospital these past few weeks and it is very interesting.

/nerd