Biostat real exam vs uworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJefriM

Reaction score
what's the correlation between real exam biostat questions vs U world questions? I think the Uworld ones are pretty difficult.

Members don't see this ad.

its quite the same. some of them are straight forward, some of them take too much time...
usually they are not hard, you just have to quickly find what they want. sometimes its just a precondition that is the reason why the drug is not appropriate. but one ready through all the other stuff and you run out of time. when reviewing it, you think "sure, thats easy, but I would need 2 more minutes to find it"

just deal with it, the drug ads are those where you need time and also some luck, sometimes you start to read choice C or D first, then you scan through the ad and you find it. sometimes you go through each and you dont find it ... and when reviewing, you see that it was too easy, you just missed the essential ;- )

Reactions: 1 user
one more thing

I think the best way to handle drug ads when studying: take your time. dont just click anything, even when you need 5 or 10 minutes reading through everything, do it and try to find the correct one. when you have done this with 15-20 ads, then you know what "tricks" there can be and on the real exam, you might anticipate where it is going when you otherwise would think: these are so many details and the drug ad is so lengthy!

moreover, I skipped every drug ad (even every "connected" question to just not even have to see if its a drug ad, and also those "biostats" questions that want you to really stick to the details). and then at the end, when you got a 10 min window, try to answer those 2-3 you were absolutely unsure before, and then take the drug ad.

I just felt comfortable skipping 3-5 questions each block, usually one drug ad, and at the end having enough time without always having to calculate in mind how much average time you can or should spend until to go for the next. moreover, it makes you uncomfortable when you "dont find waldo" in the drug ad but have to proceed with the next questions.

also, at the end of the block you are a little bit exhausted and you stop overthinking and in case you dont know you take the best guess and end the block because you want it to be over and to re-focus on the next.

dont forget that drug ads in general are not the enemy, they often give you 1-2 easier points, and when 2-3 questions suck, you will know you get compensated by easy ones in the next !