Biz idea: Schools offering rejection feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a common occurrence among rejected premeds is nagging schools about why they got rejected. schools often turn down these requests i believe--why? schools should designate someone to address them for a fee, maybe like a 1-900 number. its a win win situation, students learn their weaknesses to strengthen them later on and they satisfy their curiosity, while the schools bank. they are turning away valuable profit potential. im sure ppl would be willing to pay for it. the disclaimer would have to be that decisions are final and cant be negotiated, only tweaked for the following year if reapplying is desired. maybe instead of being done verbally, written rejection reports could be created to avoid haggling. im sure you could glean the info presently if you bribed the right ppl for it. why not legitimize it? thoughts? of course you have to throw in the free or discounted social welfare measures for "disadvantaged" yada yada dont get me started

i think pro consulting services offer feedback about possible reasons for rejection, but why not get it straight from the source, the schools themselves? i could get a lot more hits if this were in pre allo, but i like med biz more so im willing to forego that.

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like a good idea dude...i guess most people know why they were rejected...what do u think about the start up costs? who is gonna provide the info from the med school?

FYI Wharton already offers this service to applicants who were rejected and want to know where their weaknesses lie and suggestions for improvement prior to reapplication. It is done over the phone and is not a discrete additional cost.