Black eye and busted lip

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AHugeDeadWhale

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lost a boxing match yesterday, interview coming up in a few hours. How should I play this off?!

Members don't see this ad.

Lost a boxing match yesterday, interview coming up in a few hours. How should I play this off?!

1) you caught a kid cheating on an exam
2) you work collections for a dental office
3) birthmark
4) you went to the dental therapy program in Minnesota to protest

Haha,I hope you get a chill interviewer. Good luck!

1) you caught a kid cheating on an exam
2) you work collections for a dental office
3) birthmark
4) you went to the dental therapy program in Minnesota to protest

Haha,I hope you get a chill interviewer. Good luck!

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully you didn't put "pugilism" as one of your hobbies. But seriously, why would you schedule an interview the day after a boxing match? or schedule a boxing match the day before an interview? or was this basically a bar fight?

hopefully you didn't put "pugilism" as one of your hobbies. But seriously, why would you schedule an interview the day after a boxing match? or schedule a boxing match the day before an interview? or was this basically a bar fight?

^ this. what were you thinking man? if the school is in a bad area, i suppose you can say that you were mugged and beaten en route to the interview?

I'm not thinking he (or she...) is serious. Smells of troll to me lol

If your a troll then i dont care.
If your serious then good for you and maybe this will help you next time with your foolish priorities

everyone ITT = super serious

OP, this is your script: "you should see the other guy"

I would just tell him that you lost a boxing match. Sure would make a great conversation starter. :D

Just tell them a hobby of yours is boxing and you were in a boxing match. And if they ask if they can count you showing up to clinical like that, just tell them no.

Get concealer. Specifically hard candy glamoflauge :p it can cover tattoos

Members don't see this ad :)
For the black eye, you would have to ask girls around you for some foundations and make up.

For the bust lip, make sure you clean and sanitize properly so that you minimize the size of scabbing and maximize rate of healing.

When you are somewhat patched up, just say you were at a boxing match.

Be honest....sounds like an interesting story., I'll tell your what...you will definitely be the most memorable kid there. Embrace it dude...unless off course if you actually beat the crap out of somebody 4a reason (non sport related)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Just tell them a hobby of yours is boxing and you were in a boxing match. And if they ask if they can count you showing up to clinical like that, just tell them no.

Convincing them may be a bit difficult since he apparently had a hard time saying no on the eve of one of the most important day in his pre professional life.

On his behalf, I am pretty sure he was at the same interview I was at. They only let us know about the interview the 5 days before the actual interview date and he said the boxing match had already been scheduled.

On his behalf, I am pretty sure he was at the same interview I was at. They only let us know about the interview the 5 days before the actual interview date and he said the boxing match had already been scheduled.

It doesn't matter. What's higher priority, a stupid boxing match for crying out loud or the most important day of his future career? You skip that boxing match period. He has no one to blame except himself. Idiot lol.

It doesn't matter. What's higher priority, a stupid boxing match for crying out loud or the most important day of his future career? You skip that boxing match period. He has no one to blame except himself. Idiot lol.

Black eyes stick around for longer than 5 days...

Chill out dude. Would you be saying the same thing if he was a soccer player who broke his leg on the field? Or had some other injury from another sport? From what I understand with athletics, it's hard to back out games/matches. It's not like he got his lip pierced a day before the interview and is now second guessing his decision....

But hey, if this is true, it's an interesting way for admissions to remember you, haha.

Chill out dude. Would you be saying the same thing if he was a soccer player who broke his leg on the field? Or had some other injury from another sport? From what I understand with athletics, it's hard to back out games/matches. It's not like he got his lip pierced a day before the interview and is now second guessing his decision....

But hey, if this is true, it's an interesting way for admissions to remember you, haha.

Based on your faulty reasoning, you mind as well not go outside. I mean what if you trip and knock your teeth out or get run over by a bus?

C'mon soccer is much different from boxing. A sport in which people kick the ball back and forth vs. a sport in which your opponent is pounding your face as hard as he can. Duh. You're comparing apples with automobiles.

Go buy some full coverage liquid foundation and cover it up with makeup.....might want to get a girl to help though:D

If this guy was doing boxing professionally I'm sure all of you would be changing your tone..

If this guy was doing boxing professionally I'm sure all of you would be changing your tone..

That's the point. His boxing is a hobby or club sport. Thus, no reason to take that risk days before the interview.

That's the point. His boxing is a hobby or club sport. Thus, no reason to take that risk days before the interview.

Yeah, he actually never specifies. Everyone just assumed that it is just a hobby.

Based on your faulty reasoning, you mind as well not go outside. I mean what if you trip and knock your teeth out or get run over by a bus?

C'mon soccer is much different from boxing. A sport in which people kick the ball back and forth vs. a sport in which your opponent is pounding your face as hard as he can. Duh. You're comparing apples with automobiles.

Once again, chill out dude.

You called the OP an idiot and then say I have "faulty reasoning" instead of acknowledging I just have a different opinion from yours. I compared one sport to another (boxing can cause injuries as well as soccer, basketball, etc). I did not compare tragic accidents to boxing like you did. I know Valentine's Day can be a hard time for some people, but do you need a hug?:(

He never specified if he was doing this as a hobby or for his school/other kind of athletic team. But hey, if you're a troll, you're gonna overlook that and tell people they're dumb for having different perspectives or ignore what they said and make your own assumptions to make the OP look like an idiot.

Last edited:
Lulz. The interview went well, and if anything it helped me as an icebreaker and conversation starter. Woke up on interview morning feeling like zombie apocalypse and looking like it too... The boxing match was a charity thing put on by my school, I had already given money to fight and raised a few more bucks. Trained for 5 months for that day, so when I got an invite for a dental interview... #senioryearnoregretz

You got into a fight with a med student because they think they are better!

Lulz. The interview went well, and if anything it helped me as an icebreaker and conversation starter. Woke up on interview morning feeling like zombie apocalypse and looking like it too... The boxing match was a charity thing put on by my school, I had already given money to fight and raised a few more bucks. Trained for 5 months for that day, so when I got an invite for a dental interview... #senioryearnoregretz

Wow... should be memorable! Good luck man. :thumbup:

You will certainly be able to make that claim at the moment you have an acceptance in hand.

You will certainly be able to make that claim at the moment you have an acceptance in hand.

Why do you think that having a black eye is an inescapable deny of acceptance?

I would think if anything it shows the guy has interests outside of school at a level above a hobby. (5 months of training is a little more than I hit the bags once a week)

Why do you think that having a black eye is an inescapable deny of acceptance?
I would think if anything it shows the guy has interests outside of school at a level above a hobby. (5 months of training is a little more than I hit the bags once a week)

You misinterpreted the post. (Hint: It has nothing to do with the black/purple/green eye.)

Glad it went well :)

Once again, chill out dude.

You called the OP an idiot and then say I have "faulty reasoning" instead of acknowledging I just have a different opinion from yours. I compared one sport to another (boxing can cause injuries as well as soccer, basketball, etc). I did not compare tragic accidents to boxing like you did. I know Valentine's Day can be a hard time for some people, but do you need a hug?:(

He never specified if he was doing this as a hobby or for his school/other kind of athletic team. But hey, if you're a troll, you're gonna overlook that and tell people they're dumb for having different perspectives or ignore what they said and make your own assumptions to make the OP look like an idiot.

You forgot to mention ping pong since you can get hit in the eye with the ball or foosball since you can get poked in the groin too.

You misinterpreted the post. (Hint: It has nothing to do with the black/purple/green eye.)

You related him not being able to deny his fight to messing up the "most important day of his pre-professional life."

I can only assume that his appearance would be the giveaway unless interviewers have learned telepathy.

You related him not being able to deny his fight to messing up the "most important day of his pre-professional life." I can only assume that his appearance would be the giveaway unless interviewers have learned telepathy.

You are probably right, although some might suggest that showing up with a bruised face is akin to showing up at a prom in Bermuda shorts and flip-flops.