Black Female 3.85 sGPA 3.9 overall 512 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SavvyGirl6871

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Get MSAR. Start with your state achools and the HBMCs. Pick whatever OOS private schools you want. A URM with a 3.9/32 is in line for a healthy number of top 20 IIs

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you love NYC then also apply to Einstein, NYU, Mount Sinai and CUNY (new school). Hofstra and New York Medical are just outside the city and you are competitive for both those schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really have no clue where to apply to this cycle. I am looking for schools that are urm friendly and where I might get a few scholarship offers. I don't what to go to a school that lacks diversity. My main EC's are in order. I have 1 and a 1/2 years research. Leadership position in club. About 500 clinical, 500 non clinical hours. Tutor for 2 years. I love NYC so my dream school is Cornell but I want to be realistic. Schools I was thinking of applying to so far are: SUNY Downstate, Baylor, and BU. If anyone could suggest schools where I might have success. I would be forever grateful. Thanks for any help!

Like others, I would suggest you purchase the MSAR and then post a more full prospective school list here so that we can better advise you rather than creating a school list for you. You have a good chance of being successful at every medical school, but your preferences are more revealing than anything else.

Reactions: 1 user