NCHoosier

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2000
Visit site
Status
Just a quick shout out to all the nervous MS4s waiting to check their e-mail at 12:01. I was in your shoes a year ago and remember it vividly - I was on my anesthesia rotation and I remember running out of the OR to go check. Seeing those four words - "Congratulations, you have matched." - it's a special feeling.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. :cool:

Best regards,
NCH, PGY-1

RudyRayMoore

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
Status
NCHoosier said:
Just a quick shout out to all the nervous MS4s waiting to check their e-mail at 12:01. I was in your shoes a year ago and remember it vividly - I was on my anesthesia rotation and I remember running out of the OR to go check. Seeing those four words - "Congratulations, you have matched." - it's a special feeling.

Best regards,
NCH, PGY-1
Too bad your patient died when you ran out of the OR and now you're malpractice premiums are 4 million a year.

DrIng

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Ummm... Maybe I don't understand quite how US med school works but it seems to me that is a student runs out of the OR and the patient dies it's not the student who should be sued... :) Good luck everyone.

nyresident

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2004
Status
DrIng said:
Ummm... Maybe I don't understand quite how US med school works but it seems to me that is a student runs out of the OR and the patient dies it's not the student who should be sued... :) Good luck everyone.
In the U.S., we have things called "jokes." ;)

Good luck, 4th years. My stomach is turning over. :scared:

OP
NCHoosier

NCHoosier

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2000
Visit site
Status
RudyRayMoore said:
Too bad your patient died when you ran out of the OR and now you're malpractice premiums are 4 million a year.

Nah. I warned the patient before he went off to sleep that if he decompensated between 12:00 and 12:05 he was on his own. He understood. :)

doc05

2K Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
U.S.A.
Visit site
Status
RudyRayMoore said:
since when are ms4's running OR's? Or is that supposed to be a joke? I can't tell, since it's not funny.

PairODocs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2004
Tobacco Road
Status
NCHoosier said:

Best regards,
NCH, PGY-1

THANK YOU!!!!