Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine

Started by Briggsie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Briggsie

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody have any tips for an intern (me) that will be starting their residency with 2 months on the blood banking & transfusion service? I'm not really sure as to what to expect (as I guess I didn't anticipate starting on a CP rotation)
 
1) Be on time

2) Read about things they tell you to read about

3) Attend the things you are supposed to attend.

Everything else, well, they will teach you. Most places have an intro series of lectures where you learn about blood bank policies, procedures, and call-related issues. I didn't know anything and I am doing ok.
 
yaah said:
1) Be on time

2) Read about things they tell you to read about

3) Attend the things you are supposed to attend.

Everything else, well, they will teach you. Most places have an intro series of lectures where you learn about blood bank policies, procedures, and call-related issues. I didn't know anything and I am doing ok.

Read the Hammering book "Modern Blood Banking and TM" and try to get Joe Chaffin's notes from his Osler lectures.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad