board exam poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalo5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should fourth year dental students continue to be responsible to locate and utilize live patients for procedures as part of the licensing process?;

And, should a graduate of an accredited U.S. dental school be required to re-examen to be able to practice in a different part of the country?

Members don't see this ad.

hey, thanks for the votes...
if anyone has any suggestions, maybe they can post them here,,,, why they voted the way they did, some possible alternatives, etc, etc,
personally, I think that it is good to have a live patient in order to gain licsensure, although maybe a little tense, possibly, but, nontheless good. I don't think, however, that, if the person doesn't show up, that the student should be failed (at least this is what i've heard, please correct me if I'm mistaken).
As far as the testing to practice in other parts of the country, I think that this may be borderline silly. If basically all of the dental schools within the U.S. have to follow the same standards for accredidation, then ??? have different tests?.

lalo5