This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drsoonenough

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many of you last year received prelim score of "pending review" actually got a passing score in june?

I'm so nervous waiting for mid June for results...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made an account just so I could post what I found out.
I called the ABFM and spoke with Dr. Thomas O’Neal who is one of the psychometric guys over there.
Per Dr. O’Neal, last year 14% of people taking the exam got a Pending Review result. Of those 14%, 10% ended up passing, 4% ended up failing.
So, of those with a Pending Review, approximately 70% ended up passing.
Hope this additional information helps!
 
thanks a bunch for calling aBFM..
Did Dr. O neal mentioned any numbers on those who outright FAILED the exam
that would be interesting to know.

still, it's going to be a loooong wait until mid June

He said 84% got a preliminary pass, 2% got a preliminary fail, and 14% got a pending review.
I hear you about June! I was told the results will be out BY June 14, but will likely be earlier. How much earlier is unknown.
 
I received Pending Review on the Preliminary scores and just received a Pass.
And, not just a pass, but I actually aced the test with a really high score. I have absolutely no idea why I should have received a Pending Review on my Preliminary score.
To any who are reading in future years trying to get info on Pending Review: Hang in there! You may have done just fine!
 
+1 on the pending review.
what module did you guys choose.
i was told that since i chose Hospital medicine/ inpatient that might be the reason why i didn't get an initial result.
i finished early with 1 hour 30 minutes of break, and and someone said that will trigger a review

so to anyone reading this in the future about pending review..
don't freak out.. i was anxious for 5-6 weeks
not worth it
 
I also got pending review and just found out pass!! I have no idea why it was under pending review. I finished the test real fast too, picked the ambulatory module.