Board heavy DO residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oncolizumab1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a list of places that rank more towards boards? I've searched and I know Des Peres and Toledo do. Any others? Any advice would be great

Members don't see this ad.

Des Peres, Toledo, Doctors, Harrisburg, Broward, Corvallis. Not an all inclusive list.

What are the typical scores for these programs? Are we talking >600 or >650?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe >700 is typical at the board heavy programs. >600-650 is typical at all programs

700+ seems a little high, no? That's like programs requiring a 263+ or something.

700+ seems a little high, no? That's like programs requiring a 263+ or something.

The numbers I threw out are purely anecdotal. I thought 700+ was more rare until my current rotation where low 700s seems to be the average. I have yet to come across an applicant this cycle (from my school or any other school as reported by my current rotators) below 600s. Again, purely anecdotal.

Reactions: 1 user
I know of multiple applicants with below 600 scores. That being said, 700's are also very common. It's getting competitive out there folks. The audition trail sure can make you feel not that special.