board passing rate for dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetbitna

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

where could i find board passing rate for dental schools (what percentage of the students pass NBDE I and NBDE II)?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If someone has the average score of the class taking the boards, that information would be great too. I know that the boards will become pass/fail soon, so the scores won't matter, but this information can help in determining which schools focus more on the basic sciences more than others. I assume that the specialty GRE type exam people have mentioned will cover the same type of material, but I may be wrong about this. Anyone have any idea on what the specialty exams might cover?

That information is not available to the public.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts gave us their passing rate and score averages of the past 5 years at the interview and they were pretty good, they are not shy about letting that information out.

Schools that have stellar pass rates will give out this info on their website and on interview day. Schools that don't have excellent pass rates usually will not.

UAB was number 1 in 2005 on part II, while consistently ranking in the top 5 for part II. UAB consistently ranks in the top 10 for part I.

Is there hoestly no compilation of this information somewhere? If not... does anyone know how michigan and mercy generally fair on the boards?

If the boards are becoming just pass/fail, how then getting into specialty programs are measured. I thoght your grades in school in addition to what you get in board would weigh in.

It will become just grades then, which is weird because some dental schools don't have class rankings. Also, some schools have pass/fail grading.

I heard they are adding another exam that is specifically for those who want to specialize... can anyone confirm that?

I heard they are adding another exam that is specifically for those who want to specialize... can anyone confirm that?

yes confirmed from adea/ada rep from my school.

The first pass/no pass version will be held in 2012