Board Review with Coursework

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ulikedaggers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far this year I've been able to go through board review stuff (FA, FC, and other topic specific sources) along with my coursework. The class we're in right now though is teaching a general overview of the things that will be covered later on in the course. For example, today we might learn how ion transport works by looking at a nephron, but won't be tested on the specifics of the nephron until we get to renal physiology later on.

How can I go through board material that is relevant to my coursework in a situation like this?

Members don't see this ad.

That's a great point. It's not as if you can go to Kaplan for instance and tailor your study that specifically. TQUEZ appears to be building something that allows you to do that but it is just launching from what I understand...
I'm sorry but what is TQUEZ?

It is a USMLE study platform that includes typical board style Q&A as well as having high-yield Q&A, case-based study and a cool social wall like Doximity. The fundamental difference is that all of the questions are written by students, residents, and faculty and validated by academics in that area. Its like Wikipedia but validated by faculty. Its essentially free and the database is unlimited… I'm waiting to see it because it has the potential to have every tool you want in one place and a much larger bank to review from.
Do you have a link as a reference for more information?

Click here to go to the TQUEZ homepage: http://www.tquez.net. Hope that works. Considering it is a pre-launch invite I hope the link works. Let me know. The premise is promising because it centers around the notion that with 64,000 med students in the US if every one took the time to write a question the bank of questions would be massive. I guess that is probably what they are doing is determining (i) interest and (ii) amassing the questions.
I see. Well it probably won't be ready in time for the Step 1 I take, however. But it sounds like a good idea.