Board Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else out there getting really impatient waiting for our board scores. Everyone in my class who took the computer version has their scores and are saying what a relief to know that they passed. How much longer do we have to wait?

Members don't see this ad.

Someone told me that the school will get the scores on the 15th (this Monday). We will receive them in the mail shortly after. I don't know how true this is, but I'm going to check with student affairs on Monday. I don't know why they get them first.

Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard the same thing. I went in today and our dean of student affairs still didnt have the scores. someday i will find out if i passed.

ItsGavinC said:
Arizona received the scores last Thursday.
I guess they are bringing ours via horse and buggy!

ItsGavinC said:
Arizona received the scores last Thursday.

Gavin,

Did the student/academic affairs office receive them Thursday or did the students?

Anyone else receive their scores or know when they will arrive? Wish I had the option of taking the computer test. Waiting this long sucks. Now I know how the med students felt about the MCAT vs the DAT results.

unlv admin got the scores today. The mailed scores will follow soon.

i took the exam july 11 and the school just got our scores today. though students haven't gotten them in the mail yet.

Our dean announced the high score today for our school (AZ). I haven't been able to check the mail today, but I have heard that personal scores haven't arrived yet.

ElDienteLoco said:
Our dean announced the high score today for our school (AZ). I haven't been able to check the mail today, but I have heard that personal scores haven't arrived yet.

What's the high score for your school?

Members don't see this ad :)
ItsGavinC said:
Congrats to all those AZ students. They rocked our scores from last year. Nice job!

So, how long after the school receives the scores should we expect them? A few days, weeks? I'm still trying to figure out why the school would get them first.
:rolleyes:

I've heard we get them in the mail about 2 days after the school. Maybe it is so that they can brace us for any unexpected news...or not.

Too bad Arizona's high score wasn't a 95... ;)

ElDienteLoco said:
I've heard we get them in the mail about 2 days after the school. Maybe it is so that they can brace us for any unexpected news...or not.

Too bad Arizona's high score wasn't a 95... ;)

So, did yours come in the mail today?

Our school had 24 A's. That is simply amazing.

Creighton received our scores today.

psiyung said:

Perhaps I am missing it here. Has ANYONE, anyone being a student who took the written part I on July 11th, received, in the mail, their scores? Not heresay from faculty, but directly from the good ole ADA? I'm taking off out of town this weekend and I'd kinda like to know if I should hold out til Friday afternoon before I leave.

24 "A's" out of how many students? Either way, that seems like a very high number.

UNLV's scores came out yesterday, the students did pretty good. The average was well above (by like 5 points) the national average.

786mine said:
UNLV's scores came out yesterday, the students did pretty good. The average was well above (by like 5 points) the national average.

By chance what's the national average?

Does anyone know how your score is calculated if you have to retake one section? Is it averaged with your failing score?

Barry20 said:
Perhaps I am missing it here. Has ANYONE, anyone being a student who took the written part I on July 11th, received, in the mail, their scores? Not heresay from faculty, but directly from the good ole ADA?

Sure (and it's not heresay if your dean is looking at the score sheet). That's as good as it gets.

psiyung said:
Am I the only one who doesn't know what an "A" is?

I thought scores just came back as a 49-99 scaled score.

Nothing in the mail yesterday...today's mail comes at 3:00

Already checked the mail today......still nothing for me. Hopefully tomorrow. The Dean already told me my score, but I'd like to see it on paper.

BTW, El Diente Loco, that would be a great name for an office......can I borrow it?

ItsGavinC said:
The national average is an 85 or so, so your class average was a 90?

I think our average is around 88-90. Don't know for sure yet, the dean has just passed out a general email saying that our average was higher then the natioanl average.

Does anyone know anything about checking your scores online? It seems like I remember some people doing that last year before they got their written copy.

UIC students received scores in the mail today. However, we are in Chicago right next to the ADA. That means they were sent out Wednesday.

ElDienteLoco said:
Am I the only one who doesn't know what an "A" is?

I thought scores just came back as a 49-99 scaled score.

Nothing in the mail yesterday...today's mail comes at 3:00

I'm with you on that....what exactly is an "A" ???????

Profchaos said:
By chance what's the national average?

the national average was 85.5. my class had 28 students (out of 94) that had an overall average over 90. our class average, was 86.8.
at umkc, the school got scores on 8-16, but no one has received scores in the mail yet. i was told to expect them at the beginning of this coming week.

umkcdds said:
the national average was 85.5. my class had 28 students (out of 94) that had an overall average over 90. our class average, was 86.8.
at umkc, the school got scores on 8-16, but no one has received scores in the mail yet. i was told to expect them at the beginning of this coming week.

Did most of your students take the computer or written version?

How did NYU students do? And BU? Any students from those schools on this thread?

umkcdds said:
everyone took the written version.

Does anyone know if the USPS delivers mail on Saturdays? Nothing AGAIN in the mailbox today. I thought for sure it would be here, but I guess I must wait another day or two.
:mad:

Of course they deliver on Saturday, unless it is a govt. holiday---Rain-Sleet-or Hail. Enjoy your vacation! Go Barry Sanders! Go NPC, opps, I mean NFC!

Passing is fockin' sweet. Congrats to everyone who passed.

ItsGavinC said:
By the way, one of our Arizona students got a 99, which frickin' boggles my mind.

6 people in UCLA's Class of 2006 scored 99 last year. I wouldn't be surprised if this year was similar. In fact, I bet the UCLA student who transferred to Arizona this year pulled that 99. :D

Barry20 said:
Does anyone know if the USPS delivers mail on Saturdays? Nothing AGAIN in the mailbox today. I thought for sure it would be here, but I guess I must wait another day or two.
:mad:

at least couple people at umkc got their scores in the mail on friday (8-19). i haven't gotten them in the mail, but i haven't checked the mail yet today (sat.) either.

I know of at least a couple columbia students who got their scores in the mail today

Got my scores today!
For those of you who got in the 90's way to go----you must have worked hard. I got an 80, and had one of the best summers of my life! I am so stoked! I would have preferred a 75 at this point, b/c that would have meant I put in minimal effort, but hey who is complaining? :D

Got my board scores today. Cracked the 90 hump!!!!!

I tried to put minimal effort to get a 90 and ended up with an 89. Does this mean I have no hope specializing? The only two things I like are oral surgery and pros. I know a guy who got a 4 year oral surgery slot with an 88. I really would hate to waste energy retaking that test. I'm doing some heavy research, and I'd rather not take away from that. I want advice from people who have actually been in this situation, missing "the hump" by one point.