Board Study - Qbanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theanswer03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight into either of these qbanks?

http://www.pmrrc.com/

Or

http://www.pmrqbankreview.com/

The first one is shorter, but seems a little more legit on quick inspection.

Broader question- what are other pgy4s out there using to study?

Members don't see this ad.

Or

I used pmrqbankreview.com for the oral boards. I thought it prepared me and my study group well for what was presented to us in Rochester. With this experience, I wish I would have used the qbank for the written boards!

Anyone else with experience with pmrqbankreveiw?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else with experience with pmrqbankreveiw?
I was not impressed with the pmrqbankreview. The vignettes are too short (like one sentence). The differential is way too expansive (you only need 2-3 in your differential). The physical exam was too generalized when it should be more specific towards the problem.

Reactions: 1 user
I just now came across pmrqbankreview.com.

Damn, wish they had this when I was studying for the written and oral boards. I'm several years past the boards, but may use this when I take the recert. Well worth the money.

Have some friends still in residency and they love it.

Now someone needs to make one for the pain boards for when I have to do that in 7ish years. :)

I just now came across pmrqbankreview.com.

Damn, wish they had this when I was studying for the written and oral boards. I'm several years past the boards, but may use this when I take the recert. Well worth the money.

Have some friends still in residency and they love it.

Now someone needs to make one for the pain boards for when I have to do that in 7ish years. :)

Or

Or

I used pmrqbankreview.com. I just took the oral boards and felt it prepared me well. It has a broad range of topics that are representative of the general topics that's are covered on the actual oral boards. The vignettes may be short sometimes but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that you approach each case systematically and pmrqbankreview.com trains you to do that. It covers all the pertinent information for each case and often presented a few important key points I would not have thought of otherwise. Highly recommend!

PM&R qbank review is awesome. I find the questions to be very high yield. Good investment.
Qbank questions were great, definitely helped me pass the written boards. Now awaiting oral board results, will let y'all know the verdict

I used pmrqbankreview.com. I just took the oral boards and felt it prepared me well. It has a broad range of topics that are representative of the general topics that's are covered on the actual oral boards. The vignettes may be short sometimes but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that you approach each case systematically and pmrqbankreview.com trains you to do that. It covers all the pertinent information for each case and often presented a few important key points I would not have thought of otherwise. Highly recommend!
Definitely agree with this statement

Pmr QBank covers a broad range, good for using with cucc to cover every topic

I had a kid, a month and a Fellowship to start. I came across pmrqbankreview.com through Google search (ranked #1 for a reason) and took a chance on this site and I easily passed Part I. I glanced through Cuccurullo, but didn't have enough time to read through the whole thing. Plus, I like interactive studying and pmrqbankreview.com allows you to do that. I did questions during lunch and in-between patients. The reference links are nice and worked 99% of the time. Customer support is also exceptional. The site is clearly young as this wasn't available a few years back and the people behind it I hear are PM&R docs. The cases for Part II were excellent. I went through the 30-something cases they offered and didn't sweat a drop during the oral exam interviews. There was never any downtime and the emailed reports were also helpful. I'm not the smartest guy on Earth, but I don't think anyone really needs much more than this resource to be honest... Although, I would still have Cuccurullo on hand, which you should have already had during residency anyway. Good luck to those taking the exam this year!!! I'm definitely recommending this site to the residents that I work with who are taking it this year. BTW, It FEELS GREAT TO LIVE THE STAFF LIFE!

I used pmrqbank for orals...in addition to a study partner. We went through the cases and I also did them on my own. Format pretty much replicates orals. I didn't breeze through like the prior poster, more like sweated. However, I passed. I used AAPMR qbank for written. Not quite like the real thing, but I passed. There is a green question book I used that I liked...similar to cuccurulo in question format.

At the end of the day, you have to study. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the qbank from the AAPM&R when studying for written boards a couple years ago. Would recommend it!

shill posts

I have to agree - the positive reviews from PMR QBank Review were all posted by “members” who had one post, not been online since.

Any updated legitimate opinions from recent test-takers on the most valuable study resource(s)? We polled internally from recent grads and didn’t hear much either way. I’d love it if there was a helpful qbank out there!

See post directly above

I used the aapmr q bank. I think it was relatively helpful. Still found the black pocketpedia book to be really high yield.

I hated cuccurullo format and didn’t use it at all, but in reviewing it after the written test found a lot of answers I was unsure of.

I generally PM people if they have questions about PMRRC.com as I don't think it is appropriate to "advertise" on SDN . If someone does have questions about it please feel free to PM me and I can provide more information.

Bump. Any more thoughts on those two? Also, there is another one I saw Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Board Review Questions Anyone tried these? Pricing for PMRbank review seems a bit stiff but I'd be willing to pay if it is worth it. PMRRC has like only 200 questions. Any input - good or bad is appreciated

I haven't heard of any of these review banks. I used the AAPM&R q bank and the q bank from the Demos ("Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Q&A Review.") The latter comes in both book and app form--I liked the app because I was able to do a few questions if there was a few minutes of downtime during my day.

I would avoid any other qbanks unless someone respected here says they personally used that qbank and found it helpful/worthwhile.

I am now using the PM&R Qbank Review... I like it and use it in conjunction with Cuccurullo. for such a pricey qbank the usability is very poor for a variety of reasons. Whether it’s worth it... won’t know until after boards. Happy to report back on generally whether it was good prep after Aug 13.

Thanks for the input, more is encouraged! I am currently using the physical medicine and rehab Q&A review which is nice. For those who don't know, you can get it on your phone and it is only 100$ - that is a purchase price. Also I like how many questions there are - around 1600 if memory serves correctly. I highly recommend that to the PGY-2 and PGY-3's like me in our class however, I feel that many of the questions are simply 'do you know this fact/test/info.' I don't know if that is reflective of our boards. I didn't know AAPMR had a q bank - that is definitely worth looking into.

I ended up purchasing PM&R Qbank Review. I feel it's a good qbank and asks lots of questions that aren't directly out of Cuccurullo however I am not certain the detail is what is tested on boards. That being said, the entire qbank is down right now and I had made plans to do the mock exam today. So there's that. Unsure of it's reliability when you plan out your day.

I ended up purchasing PM&R Qbank Review. I feel it's a good qbank and asks lots of questions that aren't directly out of Cuccurullo however I am not certain the detail is what is tested on boards. That being said, the entire qbank is down right now and I had made plans to do the mock exam today. So there's that. Unsure of it's reliability when you plan out your day.

It’s usually pretty reliable. I think that the questions are good but the explanations often suck. They often use sources such as medscape. But I’ve been decently satisfied so far