Board Studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Backpack234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been studying for boards and noticed that ROSH (highly recommended as the main resource) has a LOT of stuff in there that feels way beyond my scope of practice. i.e. memorizing the list of 10 drugs that cause DRESS, knowing that brodifacoum is a long acting anticoagulant, or knowing 3 reasons for false positive and false negatives on each UA result.

My upper levels who took boards before I did recommended "Read everything in ROSH and know every detail. It all shows up on the test!" Doing this is a huge time sink and feels...excessive and not adding a lot to my actual knowledge.

How do you guys recommend going through it?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Knowing your bread and butter EM will be more than enough to pass.

Members don't see this ad :)
Been studying for boards and noticed that ROSH (highly recommended as the main resource) has a LOT of stuff in there that feels way beyond my scope of practice. i.e. memorizing the list of 10 drugs that cause DRESS, knowing that brodifacoum is a long acting anticoagulant, or knowing 3 reasons for false positive and false negatives on each UA result.

My upper levels who took boards before I did recommended "Read everything in ROSH and know every detail. It all shows up on the test!" Doing this is a huge time sink and feels...excessive and not adding a lot to my actual knowledge.

How do you guys recommend going through it?

I agree on Rosh. Hating it. Can't take CEME (sorry for the duplicate post, but I am seriously stressed) because I can't get out of JURY DUTY.

I agree on Rosh. Hating it. Can't take CEME (sorry for the duplicate post, but I am seriously stressed) because I can't get out of JURY DUTY.

Just got out of duty myself. I'm a horrible racist that can't believe anyone who uses drugs, no matter the circumstances. Reason being: drug users confabulate, and can therefore never be trusted.

I didn't even have to lie...I just wrote a letter to the judge asking to be excused from jury duty because I had no more vacation time and me going to jury duty would leave the ED understaffed. Got a letter in the mail saying I was excused by the judge. If you haven't tried this, I strongly suggest you start with that, since it could be just that simple..

I didn't even have to lie...I just wrote a letter to the judge asking to be excused from jury duty because I had no more vacation time and me going to jury duty would leave the ED understaffed. Got a letter in the mail saying I was excused by the judge. If you haven't tried this, I strongly suggest you start with that, since it could be just that simple..

Yes, I've tried.

Tell them you have a bias against lawyers.

Reactions: 1 users