Boards and Beyond slides ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteyrFWB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting MS1 in few weeks, buying Boards and Beyond. The companion slides look expensive, but are they really helpful to go with BnB ? Buy or skip ?

Members don't see this ad.

skip. Ive been using board and beyond, and i make my own notes as i am watching the presentations right into first aid book, - this way all high yield stuff is in one place.

Starting MS1 in few weeks, buying Boards and Beyond. The companion slides look expensive, but are they really helpful to go with BnB ? Buy or skip ?

You can download them from the BnB website for free.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just downloaded them into notability and wrote on them with my apple pen. Free.

Tbh, I don't even like BnB. Maybe obvious, but just in case: Make sure you watch it a bit before you buy it.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea, you can download the books into notability for free on the B&B website.

Tbh, I don't even like BnB. Maybe obvious, but just in case: Make sure you watch it a bit before you buy it.
But, like, what's the alternative? Pathoma only really covers a small chunk of Step material. Did you just do anki/UFAS and not use lectures of any kind?

But, like, what's the alternative? Pathoma only really covers a small chunk of Step material. Did you just do anki/UFAS and not use lectures of any kind?
Oh I'm just a rising M2. But I mostly just use Sketchy and class material. I looked at some BnB stuff and none of it was missed by my school lectures so idk. We'll see what happens this year

Oh I'm just a rising M2. But I mostly just use Sketchy and class material. I looked at some BnB stuff and none of it was missed by my school lectures so idk. We'll see what happens this year
Ah gotcha, you must have some fantastic teachers, because me and my friends all stopped watching our school lectures in a matter of months!

Ah gotcha, you must have some fantastic teachers, because me and my friends all stopped watching our school lectures in a matter of months!

Don't get me wrong, I don't watch them. I just read the slides lol

Don't get me wrong, I don't watch them. I just read the slides lol
Oh my friend. There are slides for B&B too. And it is so much easier to study for boards from material specifically written for boards.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh my friend. There are slides for B&B too. And it is so much easier to study for boards from material specifically written for boards.
I might have to check it out then

skip. Ive been using board and beyond, and i make my own notes as i am watching the presentations right into first aid book, - this way all high yield stuff is in one place.
How do you fit notes into FA? I’ve skimmed a few pages and it doesn’t look like there is a lot of real estate. Just something I need to git good at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it too late to start BnB during school in 2nd year? In first year I skimmed some videos to cram for exams but I have forgotten the contents now.

Is it too late to start BnB during school in 2nd year? In first year I skimmed some videos to cram for exams but I have forgotten the contents now.
Nah you’re good. That’s when I started it. Watched all of it but biochem well before boards. In fact, I watched most of it twice.

Edit: The way I did it was to watch all the B&B vids for the block I’m in pretty early. Then when your done studying for the day, just watch one over M1 content and go in order. I mean you’re gonna watch a little Netflix anyway so what’s one 10 minute video before that?

Last edited:
How do you fit notes into FA? I’ve skimmed a few pages and it doesn’t look like there is a lot of real estate. Just something I need to git good at?
Well a lot of stuff is already in the first aid , and I just write what’s not in it . Also if I already know it , I don’t write it . Facts that Are easy to Memorize that I’ll learn from anki soon I write separately on a separate paper and insert it in between pages it relates to .
Also , I broke my FA into separate pages and make folders by topic that I filed those pages into .

I downloaded the pdf of FA into notability on my iPad. I can zoom in and write whatever I want with the Apple Pencil.

Is there a significant difference say between 2019 BnB vs 2020 BnB?

Is there a significant difference say between 2019 BnB vs 2020 BnB?
I’m confused...BnB is a website, so it doesn’t have years. Unless you have an old copy of the slide PDFs and that’s what you’re referring to.

I’m confused...BnB is a website, so it doesn’t have years. Unless you have an old copy of the slide PDFs and that’s what you’re referring to.
I do have an old copy. I was just wondering if new material is added on every year that is uber relevant

I do have an old copy. I was just wondering if new material is added on every year that is uber relevant

Ah, I see. I’m going to venture a guess and say no, because he would have to re-record those lectures entirely to incorporate new material. I used an old version of the slide pdf but I have a subscription to the website and I haven’t found any differences yet. I’ve covered probably 65% of the material.

Most stuff is already written in FA. I have a system of how I highlight the most high yield stuff already in there and how I indicate the stuff that’s just good to know or supplementary. The stuff that isn’t in FA already is what I actually write down. But my FA pages still look like the ramblings of a serial killer.

• Haha

You buy a sub to RX 360, which gives you access to a digital copy of first aid with essentially unlimited note-taking capability, plus lots of other nifty tricks like the ability to create individual notebooks (ie, a cardio notebook) and to organize notes by hashtags.

• Wow